Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBCt - USB Drive Mode not working

Posted by Smooth3D 
VBCt - USB Drive Mode not working
April 05, 2022 09:51AM
Hello,

Having problems using USB port on my VBCt. Please advise if error is on my part or USB port of my VBCt has failed unexpectedly.

Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
MacBook Pro 15"
VBCt ver 1.1.407

Symptoms:

- Charging using USB cable does not work / Can not charge VBCt with USB cable connected. ( no solid green light)
- Attempting to access VBCt via USB, Mac OS Finder does not recognize / list VBCt in Devices list.
- Control Manager (ver 2.1 & 2.1a) does not connect to VBCt.

To access device via USB I select USB stick mode in Transmitter setup - Settings

All of these functions perviously worked. Nothing has changed on the Mac I use for this purpose?!

Many thanks
Re: VBCt - USB Drive Mode not working
April 05, 2022 11:12AM
Hi,

hm, nothing has change on our end (or on the radio) either.

If you connect any USB, from a computer or from a wall charger, the radio's LED should light up.
Charging will not resume if the battery is > 90 % state of charge already, though, to go easy on the battery.

If USB-Stick Mode is selected (and not closed again winking smiley), the radio should bring up a removable media volume/drive letter (Mac/Windows).
If not selected, the radio should bring up a HID compatible device (USB Joystick for the simulator).

Did you change anything on the radio, add a battery, adjust spring tension or such? We had a couple of cases where open terminals/pins on the battery connectors were accidentally shorted out, causing a conducting path to burn. Then, the radio will not charge on one port but turn on, and it will charge but not turn on when the battery is connected to the other port.
But that would probably not mess with USB in general, I'm not sure right now.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login