Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gov min throttle changes on own

Posted by Shawn550 
Gov min throttle changes on own
January 06, 2022 06:59PM
Bank 1 set to throttle direct for startup. Click into bank 2 for flying rpm set to 1200. Headspeed keeps climbing won't stop last I saw was 3000 rpm. Power everything off turn back on and throttle min keeps changing all by itself to 88. I set it to -40 because I see in log low throttle limit. Do again dame result back to 88 on its own. Please help
RV
Re: Gov min throttle changes on own
January 06, 2022 07:45PM
Is there probably a poti assigned in the parameter modify app in "absolute" way?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 06, 2022 08:30PM
All parameters in modify configuration are disabled. I tried running again. Min throttle at 10 doesn't change number but log filled with min throttled limit. Set value to -10 same -20 same -30 rpms climb don't stop. Cycle model and tx and min throttle at 98.
RV
January 06, 2022 08:56PM
The min throttle appears when the gov has too much HS and the throttle is still below this value (the gov can not engage).

Is this on the bench w/o blades or in flight?
Is the selected HS reached or does it show more rpm?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 06, 2022 09:29PM
This is in flight.

More RPM
RV
January 07, 2022 06:07AM
Well - then please have a look at this graphs:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2030

If the min limit is touched - the message appears.

In Flight - the headspeed is higher than requested but the gov was told by min limit NOT to close the carb more.

On nitros this might be a bit helpful to let it overspeed on fast descends to have more punch then to stop the heli.

If this is in "usual flying" - the value must be lowered to get the headspeed right here.

Rainer Vetter

January 07, 2022 06:31AM
Ok so this is happening on spool up. I exit bank 1 throttle direct and go into bank 2 and the motor revs up then cuts and revs up and cuts. Log is full of min limit entries. So I lower it. Nothing changes until -30. At -30 I clear engine, switch to bank 2 and immediately rpms ramp up to 3000 I have no time to do anything the helicopter looks like it's going to explode from headspeed. So I power everything off and turn back on and min throttle is at 98.

Do I need to turn basic down factory is at 50. My gas engine when I tried special throttle curve made a lot of power around the -20s if this says anything.
RV
January 07, 2022 03:39PM
First - please post screenshot of your "min throttle" which moves by itself. Probably we are on the wrong track using different terms.

Or - as best - attach the complete setup file here or have a look if it is in your cloud and let me know.

Rainer Vetter

January 07, 2022 05:02PM
I am trying to send the setup file but it is saying wrong file type. I have been working with peter on this I was able to email him this file. Maybe you can get in touch with him?

The throttle min I am talking about is in flight parameter/governor all the way down just above direct throttle off, to the left of AR idle in gov menu.
January 07, 2022 05:55PM
So I pulled the spark plug from the engine and reached under the clutch bell to turn the clutch and have the magnet pass the sensor on the flywheel. I cant get a grip but was able to poke it back and forth. I made a video of the status in the touch. Does this look normal? I don't recall it behaving this way when I confirmed the green box lighting up after install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Vr1FAp6OE
January 07, 2022 07:26PM
I have taken the model apart and I have backed the sensor off the flywheel and the rpms are remaining at zero and the box lights green. Every once in a while I see a 400rpm flicker but mostly it is at zero. This sensor seems to not like being too close. I think I will give it a try but also order the align sensor and swap the neg at pos wires for backup. This has to be what the problem was. What is amazing is if it was responsible for the min throttle changing by itself!
January 07, 2022 10:32PM
I am pretty sure that the futaba magnet sensor does not[b][/b] work with vbar neo on gas to say the least. I know ive read an article in here somewhere that say it is fine but not with this.
RV
January 08, 2022 03:32PM
Yes - your video looks like this. There is some "jitter" we don't see in the LED blinking but in the RPM value. So using another one would be a way.

BTW: Having a VBCt and cloud enabled - just save the setup on the VBCt and wait - it will be uploaded to the cloud automatically (Wifi required) - as soon as it is there visible in the overview - just tell me with the SN of the VBCt so i could download it from there.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login