Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Addition of other manufacturers preset models?

Posted by OICU812 
Addition of other manufacturers preset models?
December 23, 2021 11:33AM
Eddie, Ulrich

Some many years now have passed. One thing many users like that own Mikado machines is that they can select when setting up their exact model and have from start 80%+ of a happy feeling on first take off as the settings have been safely thought out and little tuning is often needed.

Now we have many new Helis like XL Power who have popular 500 & 700 machines, Tron as well same
Thing, and of course SAB with many helicopters. We also know many known and pro pilots who fly for those companies under sponsorship also fly Vbar/Vcontrol.

I feel it’s time that we can have some models (not just Mikado) to select from for pre sets. I am certain on this that it would help both sales for Mikado as well as for
Manufacturers of different Helis etc. Many folks who have not considered Mikado I know WOULD if Mikado would start with this process of adding in safe presets, like Mikados that offer proper start ranges for success.

...Once upon a time there were Nitros, Flybars & Frequency Pins...
Re: Addition of other manufacturers preset models?
January 04, 2022 01:40PM
Hi,

well, let me put it this way: if sponsored pilots would not only seek sponsoring for sake of freebees or support for their competitions, but if they would also contribute (not only with the occasional youtube video or facebook post, yawn!), and in structured ways, there could be much more.
Until then, the 'other' presets imo work just fine, save the fact that you have to make a couple more adjustments/selections in setup.
The setups from that process is imo and ime equally good, what comes on top is very much personal taste and habit.

Thing is, if you get into the recommended ranges of values with the parameters, and if you have decent/standard equipment, almost any helicopter will fly VBar like and perform well, without much tweaking.
And the reasons are not particularities or bitchiness of the VBar system, but physics.
If a particular heli doesn't perform well, or if you have to limit or over-amplify, it can have so many reasons, and the choice of components as well as what pilots expect or what they find just right are also manifold ...

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2022 01:41PM by Eddi E. aus G..
RV
January 04, 2022 07:35PM
Well ... there would be a way ... if a heli manufacturer has someone who flies, tests and is responsible (!) for this and want to "create" a "Preset App" for the VBCt - no problem. But ... this person must be willing to learn how to program our apps (not that complicated) and also how we add such setups (it is not file copy/paste ...) in a modular way. Also - this person must be able to maintain / support for some years for sure.

In fact - good point, Shawn, but my experience with way more simplified things (e.g. Model Images in a defined data format) tells me a different story.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 19, 2022 08:39AM
Thank you for all this Rainer I appreciate it!
March 14, 2022 05:27AM
Well this last weekend we just went through was Rotor live original dates. I know the event was not held due to Covid and whatever but any updates to share???
March 14, 2022 08:54AM
Hi,

a plan is forming. More to come (by means of information) probably this week.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login