Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When will Vbar NEO Mini be available to buy seperate?

Posted by OICU812 
When will Vbar NEO Mini be available to buy seperate?
November 05, 2021 04:30AM
As title states, there are many small helicopters recently I discovered a MSH Protos 380 where a Vbar mini NEO would have been awesome as the standard neo has to be crammed in hard to even make work. SO then I have to ask WHEN will Vbar neo minis be available to buy seperate from having to buy a Logo 200 to get one??
Re: When will Vbar NEO Mini be available to buy seperate?
November 05, 2021 09:05AM
Hi,

I'm afraid this is still uncertain, mainly because of the tense delivery situation with electronic components.
So what we get our hands on goes into the regular NEO, all varieties, and into mini for LOGO 200.

In the end, the mini is 4 mm shorter, 4 mm flatter, but has the same width, and the weight difference is also negligible.
I don't want to belittle the little, but in almost all cases, where the mini fits, the regular will also fit.
Really small ones like the 200 benefit, because with the regular one, the canopy would hardly fit, only if you removed the casing.
If the chassis was not wide enough, same problem for both.

We wish we could serve what the market demands, but it is the way it is, for the time being :-/

Regarding the 380, SAB recommends to put a _receiver_ either below the chassis or up front, not onto the FBL mount.
My reasoning is: FBL is less sensitive to electric shenanigans than receiver, so if you have an FBL, put it on the boom, if you have an all-in-one unit, put it farther away from the belt, anti-static wiring in place or not. Receiver trumps FBL, function and flight safety trump looks and convenience, period.
No 'buts', simply no, especially if SAB themselves recommend it in their manual winking smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 08, 2021 05:41AM
Its the MSH Proto 380 not the goblin Eddie, but all good just thought to ask as the mini would have fit a ton better lol.
November 08, 2021 10:22AM
Hi again,

darn, I'm getting dyslexic, or so it seems grinning smiley

On the MSH, they didn't leave much space, either, granted.
And to be honest, I wouldn't want to have at least the receiver so close to the motor, no matter which one, which brand.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login