Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Switch Help

Posted by GlenDavis1971 
Switch Help
September 23, 2021 11:04AM
Hi

I fly scale and want to set the top back 3 position switch to operate retractable undercarriage. However the switch springs back to mid postion and the only way i have found to adjust to come up at mid in macro their there is no way to control speed so the gear is moving far to fast.

Suggestions please?

Glen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 11:05AM by GlenDavis1971.
Re: Switch Help
September 23, 2021 11:28AM
Hi Glen,

you need a type Channel cell in between or at the actual physical output (e.g. AUX3) where you can adjust a delay (also travel, center, direction).

This one, you can directly control by switch a-a-b or a-b-b, means retracted-retracted-deployed or deployed-deployed-retracted, depending on the switch setup in transmitter settings, or you can put a type 3-Level cell in between and adjust the output values per switch position there, individually.

Either Switch <- AUX3 or Switch <- 3-Level-Cell <- AUX3

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 23, 2021 05:28PM
Sorry I dont understand that
September 24, 2021 08:56AM
Hi Glen,

then I would recommend you grab a NEO, power supply, some servos (or your model) and your radio, and try smiling smiley

It's actually simpler than it looks, but you have to start somewhere.

I can also only recommend inhaling this.

In the end, you want to think from the function you control (e.g. an undercarriage servo) to the yet unused physical connector (e.g. AUX3), and what you have to do to AUX3 (via Macrocell) to make it do what you want.
Easiest way: go Macrocells, make AUX3 a Channel (like a free mixer on any other radio), assign an input (stick or switch, like on any other radio), adjust direction, travels and center (like ...), and dial in a delay (like ...) and a fail safe position (like ...). No magic in here.
Once you have wrapped your head around this, you can daisy-chain two cells, use another yet unused are present.
Macrocell as the input for the AUX3 cell, use your input (e.g. switch) for that intermediate (e.g. 3-Level) where you can dial in a % output for each switch position.
Yet unused means 27 and up, which have _no_ physical outputs assigned, they can be used for calculations only
And also any E1 (11-18) or E2 (19-26) _if_ no (servo-) extender 1 or 1 and 2 (E1/E2, see?) are used/present.
The first 10 cells reflect the physical outputs on your NEO (or first/master NEO in a multi-NEO setup).
Unprogrammed, they output what is baked into the NEO firmware, e.g. CH1/2/3/4 swash plate, Tail, ESC, AUX yet unused.
If you change any to a function (e.g. channel), you can adjust it as you like.

But you have to start somewhere, so a NEO, a servo, power supply and radio plus your favorite cold or hot beverage and some music playing in the background are your friends smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2021 09:03AM by Eddi E. aus G..
September 24, 2021 04:35PM
Thank you got it now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login