Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Decoding stored setups

Posted by scorlett 
Decoding stored setups
September 03, 2021 05:04AM
Now that Richard's vbar utilities is no more, does anyone have a decoder for the setup files? When trying help others and comparing settings, it would be great to be able to see the various parameters in a spreadsheet or such. It's a pain to take snapshots, or have to copy down each value to compare.

Sam
Re: Decoding stored setups
September 03, 2021 10:44AM
I still have the component libraries to do the parsing, so I could make a windows application to do it. Export to CSV. Would that help?

I could make the parser open source if people felt more comfortable compiling it themselves.

This is just for the parser, so you would have to download the file yourself to your local machine.

Rich
September 03, 2021 09:03PM
Rich, even just the file format of the binary file that is available to download from the VBC-t Cloud would be helpful. I don't mind writing a parser, but I don't really want to have to dig out the format from scratch like you did! LOL.

Or a library file would be cool.

It handy to be able to scan all of parameters just to compare what adjustments you've made for yourself, and of course to discuss with others. I just use NEO for sport flying, but still it would be nice.

Sam
September 03, 2021 09:36PM
Mine's in c#. I could stick it on GitHub if it's useful.

If you can't use c#, I can give you the hex file positions.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2021 09:45PM by RichardV.
September 04, 2021 02:30PM
Cool, whatecer is easiest for you. Not a high priority.

Sam
September 17, 2021 04:11AM
How about for the rest of use who are not computer literate and don't know what "c#" even means. How can I decode a saved setup like it was possible with the VBar Utilities app?
September 17, 2021 07:26PM
I could make it a website where you have to upload your files for viewing/downloading as CSV.
Another option is a Windows app, that you can install from the Windows store, so you can decode files on your machine.

They both have pros and cons.

Rich
September 17, 2021 09:00PM
I use a Mac computer. Which way would be best for me?
September 17, 2021 09:26PM
Too much effort for me to write for mac, so it would have to be a website that allows uploads and downloads. It shouldn't take too long, I'll see how far I get this weekend.

Rich
September 17, 2021 11:02PM
I really enjoyed your VBar Utilities web based program. I am not happy these guys took it away, and without offering a suitable replacement. But I look forward to your new web based app to decode the saved setups. Consider adding a “Donation” option. Thanks so much!!
September 18, 2021 01:22AM
With that said, could you just write something that we can copy the files from the VControl and analyze them like the VBar utilities did. As much as I like having the cloud, I would not mind plugging in my Touch to do this on a regular basis. I'm "flying blind" now and have no idea how many flights I have done (I was going for 2 flights a day this year).

This could also be used for the regular VControl and those guys would love that!

Mikado really screwed us over on this.
September 18, 2021 01:58AM
Third party settings decoder is good stuff, but would be great to get is out of the box from Mikado software or export from Cloud to readable txt / csv format.

Another thing, only current bank is uploaded to Cloud. Not sure on 100% but would be great to export all banks and settings.

Coz i can decode float values from binary and reconstruct settings format with C++ or Python. But im too lazy for that grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2021 02:04AM by Jock_rst.
September 18, 2021 09:34AM
Let's not dwell on VBU. Using vstabi credentials was a valid security concern, and they were right to have an issue with it.

Angel, I did consider the USB analyser option for Touch, but having to switch to USB each time to download doesn't seem very user friendly and I don't think many would use it like that.

Jock, all the settings are saved in the cloud. The 1st 100 values of the hex file are current bank, the next 100 are for bank1, etc. After position 400 IIRC, it has the other values. There is a python parser written by Dr. Rudder a long time ago that writes values back into the setup. I've not examined it closely, it may even be for a previous setup file format, if there was one, but I'm not au fait with Python.
https://github.com/pmattila/vbrtool

So the plan is to have a web based parser that outputs to CSV and HTML.
Any setups you upload will be saved into your browser cache (nothing on the server), so you have a history.
The default VBar setups will be included, so you can examine those settings if needed.
Is that it?
September 18, 2021 03:08PM
I just want to be able to access the saved setups from the convenience of my laptop computer without having to power the VBC Touch radio AND Neo every time. The "old" VBar Utilities app allowed me to achieve this in a very elegant and convenient manner. I'll take the next best thing. Thank you so much for your efforts.
September 19, 2021 07:26PM
I'll take connecting via USB over having nothing at all.

RichardV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not dwell on VBU. Using vstabi credentials
> was a valid security concern, and they were right
> to have an issue with it.
>
> Angel, I did consider the USB analyser option for
> Touch, but having to switch to USB each time to
> download doesn't seem very user friendly and I
> don't think many would use it like that.
>
> Jock, all the settings are saved in the cloud. The
> 1st 100 values of the hex file are current bank,
> the next 100 are for bank1, etc. After position
> 400 IIRC, it has the other values. There is a
> python parser written by Dr. Rudder a long time
> ago that writes values back into the setup. I've
> not examined it closely, it may even be for a
> previous setup file format, if there was one, but
> I'm not au fait with Python.
> https://github.com/pmattila/vbrtool
>
> So the plan is to have a web based parser that
> outputs to CSV and HTML.
> Any setups you upload will be saved into your
> browser cache (nothing on the server), so you have
> a history.
> The default VBar setups will be included, so you
> can examine those settings if needed.
> Is that it?
September 22, 2021 08:45AM
Version 1 is up. This has the default setups and view/download options.

VBar Services

Next step is to allow setups to be uploaded and saved in the browser cache.
September 22, 2021 11:23AM
Thank you so much!! thumbs upsmileys with beer
September 22, 2021 01:47PM
Great job !!! Well done !!!
I´m waiting for something like that for a long time .... I think, i can delete my personal excel list soon thumbs up
Geri
sme
September 22, 2021 03:47PM
Hello,

how can I open my own setups?

kind regards
Stefan
September 22, 2021 04:32PM
Hello again!
i just tested the export function in excel. It works fine. It will be great to have an export in a PDF file. Just one A4 sheet with all information. That will be the best !!!
THX Geri

@sme - look two posts earlier - this is V1 ... step by step
September 22, 2021 09:45PM
You can now decode your own files.

VBar Services 1.1

Give it a go and let me know about any issues.

The next version should save your setups in the browser. PDFs could be a lot of work, so let's see how this goes first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 09:37AM by RichardV.
September 23, 2021 08:04AM
Good morning!
I just loaded a few of my heli setups - it works fine! In the moment i do not know / can not check if the data is correct, because i´m working the finger smiley I will try to do this in the evening or weekend! Great job!
Geri
sme
September 23, 2021 08:58AM
RichardV schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can now decode your own files.
>
> VBar Services 1.1
>
> Give it a go and let me know about any issues.
>
> The next version should save your setups. PDFs
> could be a lot of work, so let's see how this goes
> first.

Hello, great that it is now possible to read own setups.

cheers
Stefan
September 23, 2021 10:34AM
Nicely done, Richard!
September 23, 2021 11:22AM
I works awesome!! This program elevates my enjoyment of my VBar experience. Thank you so much.
September 23, 2021 03:58PM
Hi Richard!

Maybe i found a little "mistake". Still now I have a excel sheet with all my data for every heli. Look at the attachment - for example the I-Limiter is 126 in your sheet and my value in the vstabi is "-1"! Red circle as marked!
"-1" means that i didn´t changed this value => "-1" is factory setup ...
There are some other values with "126" too ... and in your export excel there are also this "126" values.
If you want, i can send you my setup file ...

Just for information - you are doing a great job and i love your tool smileys with beer
Geri

September 23, 2021 04:08PM
Yeah, I expect we'll see a couple of these, so thanks for finding that, makes it better for everyone. thumbs up

I'm away for the weekend, so I'll get that sorted next week. I'm glad you like it smileys with beer

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2021 04:09PM by RichardV.
October 08, 2021 11:08PM
I am also finding many "126" value errors. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2021 11:08PM by johnahamelv.
October 09, 2021 05:10AM
Awesome work mate thanks so much! Bug with I Limiter and I Discharge values is still present with my Logo 200 setup file. 126 values displaying for all three banks instead -1.

Also headspeed under governor with minus sign and incorrect values:

Headspeed:
Bank1: -5300
Bank2: -7820
Bank3: -7180

Correct headspeeds is:
Bank1: 3800
Bank2: 4800
Bank3: 5800

Also no Governor expert settings is supported - very important section.

I've attached my Logo 200 setup file.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2021 05:35AM by Jock_rst.
Attachments:
open | download - 11003663_vbar_LOGO_200 original.zip (639 bytes)
October 10, 2021 08:19AM
Also would be great to add upload setup file feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login