Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GPS Speed Readout

Posted by Goody63 
GPS Speed Readout
November 29, 2020 01:29AM
I have a Mikado GPS installed in a couple of my helis.

When I first setup the GPS, the radio would just readout the new max speed reached every time the last max speed was exceeded. This was perfect for speed runs.

Anyhow - since the last VBCt update - I cant seem to be able to find the option for the radio to continue to do this.

After the update the talking GPS telemetry stopped altogether (and the max speed disappeared off the screen as well).

I see the options for having voice readouts for altitude and max speeds etc under the GPS menu but just cant seem to have get it setup like it was originally - Just reading out the max speed after a new max speed was reached! Not having to be activated by a switch or repeating it continually or at a set interval.

Can anyone please advise how to setup the GPS telemetry so it just reads out the max speed automatically every time a new max speed is reached?

Thanks for any assistance.
RV
Re: GPS Speed Readout
November 29, 2020 11:30AM
This is your setting - some words are german, will update later this year.

Info:

The max Speed is collected always in the background - but the min. time between 2 announces is 3 seconds.
The time task runs contiously indepedent from new records.

So - if you fly 110mph at 30s as new topspeed it will be spoken at 30,31 or 33s.
If you fly 115 at 31s next - it will be spoken as new record at 33s - or if task is at 31 / 33s from above this one ie spoken.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

November 29, 2020 12:17PM
Hi Rainer

Thanks very much for the reply!

I thought Id tried that same setting but it basically had just tried to keep on repeating speeds continuously (to the point that the voice telemetry for the GPS Speed was almost talking continuously).

Anyway I will try it again.

Cheers
March 13, 2021 02:24PM
I tried Rainer's recommended setting above and now GPS speed doesn't get read out at all.

Is anyone able to post their VBC GPS settings to just have the VBC read the highest speed (VMax) each time the last highest speed is exceeded?

As I mentioned at the start of this thread, my VBCt did this originally with the GPS (ie would read out the new top speed - VMax after each faster speed run) but stopped after the recent updates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 02:30PM by Goody63.
RV
March 13, 2021 05:32PM
One question to check:

Is the max speed value displayed on the GPS elements fopr userscreen or not?

(in german version there was a issue regarding to both, but in english it should be displayed)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 14, 2021 02:40AM
Hi Rainer

Thanks again for the reply.

Yes Max Speed is still being displayed on the screen.
RV
March 14, 2021 02:30PM
Okay - I'll re-check later these days as i can go out for flying ....

Rainer Vetter

March 15, 2021 05:03AM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay - I'll re-check later these days as i can go
> out for flying ....

Thanks Rainer
May 14, 2021 12:40PM
I have similar problems. I am able to set this max speed readout and it works but I need to do it every time I connect the model.
So it doesn't "save" the values. After disconnecting the model and reconnecting it all the settings I made to MAX Speed announcements are gone.

-Tero
RV
May 14, 2021 07:57PM
Hello,

this is already solved for next update in a few weeks.

Rainer Vetter

June 04, 2021 05:03AM
Hopefully it will resolve the issue.

I miss how the old GPS App would just readout the new highest speed.

The update last year removed that feature I believe.
August 31, 2021 04:09AM
Anyone had any luck in getting the GPS Speed to readout only after you have a new highest speed (like it use to before the latest firmware updates changed it all)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login