Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buddy Box with self leveling, what does it take using spektrum TX?

Posted by vstabinewbie 
Buddy Box with self leveling, what does it take using spektrum TX?
October 09, 2020 02:22PM
Anyone know if the vlink NEO with pro self leveling will still work for this buddy box setup? Bound to a spektrum radio and using the spektrum satellite RX on the telemetry port , flying with self leveling. I was looking to fly in beginner mode for training/Self leveling, not rescue/bailout not needed hovering. Leaving auto level on the whole time for only hover training. Could I just enable it on the vbar control radio and leave it on the whole time, take off and landing for the student? And for the spektrum radio...... can it be a 4 channel radio or does it have to be a 7 Channel to accomplish this setup? Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 02:29PM by vstabinewbie.
Re: Buddy Box with self leveling, what does it take using spektrum TX?
October 09, 2020 03:45PM
Hi,

I guess it's possible, the student controls the model in the way it's set up by the teacher. Just try it, you'll see by the swash plate behavior what it does, and if you try first with an experience pilot as the buddy, you can set it up in a way so it's safely controllable for the student.

For the buddy, we basically only need the four primary control channels, so if you can set up the 4-channel in a way so the control functions work, all is well. All extra functions will always be controlled by the teacher anyway.

And if you bind the previously set up 4-channel only, you can not do any damage, you can not start the heli anyway grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 11, 2020 02:43PM
I didn't know you could use a 4 channel radio as the slave. Have you ever seen that buddyboxing? The only form posts I have read say a 7 channel must be used. Thanks
October 12, 2020 09:26AM
Hi,

I'm afraid the radio with the least number of channels I have here for testing purposes, which is suitable (Spektrum or Futaba), is a DX6i.
But to make it work, I only need to assign and adjust (directions/center/end points) the four control channels.
The additional switching channels would only be required if I wanted to switch something grinning smiley like I wanted to switch on the motor and switch between banks/flight modes, or actuate Rescue.

So as a buddy radio, where the buddy does only stir sticks, a four channel should do.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 12, 2020 05:06PM
Ok thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Then there is a lot of misinformation out there. Every place a read says you need a 7 channel slave. Glad to hear only a 4 channel will work for student hover training. Do you think the master can enable auto leveling, and let the student slave train with the added benefit of auto leveling while they hover, just using their four primary control channels?
October 13, 2020 08:53AM
Hi,

well, misinformation ... it's called the internet grinning smiley or more specifically, social media ...

Quote:
me, above
I guess it's possible, the student controls the model in the way it's set up by the teacher. Just try it, you'll see by the swash plate behavior what it does, and if you try first with an experience pilot as the buddy, you can set it up in a way so it's safely controllable for the student.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login