Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ESC Fan

Posted by jimwardle 
ESC Fan
September 11, 2020 07:33AM
Hi all, I would like some help with setting up my esc fan to turn on and off by temperature. I have found the info in Vbar Control manual under extension apps/ temperature switch, but I have a Touch and it appears to be different. The esc is a Scorpion Tribunus 200amp, I have powered the fan from aux 1 and set the macrocell #40 and have the telemetry sensor plug in port 1 on the neo. I have also gone into edit macrocells #6 for aux1 and #40 but to configure these is totally differant to the Vbar extension app settings. Could you please advise where I am going wrong.
Many Thanks
Jim
RV
Re: ESC Fan
September 11, 2020 10:07AM
Hello Jim,

on a VBCt it is nearly the same - haveing a ESC with integrated telemetry we will be able to use either this values or a external sensor at TELE1. - So no need for external Sensor here.

Turning the threshold down to "room temp" - does the output value in MC40 change?
If yes - does MC6 also?
If yes - how is the fan connected? - Keep in mind you need a ESC or simple RC channel driven switch module for the fan.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 11, 2020 12:01PM
Thank you Rainer for the quick response. Yes if I change settings in MC40 it alters the settings MC6. As I said I have powered the fan from aux1 as per manual. Do I set the Source value to esc or port 1. What cell type do I set in MC6 and MC40 and do I have to worry about setting the banks. I have tried all temperatures but to no avail the fan will not switch.

Regards
Jim
September 11, 2020 12:48PM
Sorry Rainer, miss read your reply. If I change the threshold temp in the scorpion app it does not effect the Macrocell values.

Cheers
Jim
RV
September 11, 2020 01:08PM
Please do not set up the threshold in the scorpion app (this is a warnig threshold only) - set it in the temperature switch app!

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 11, 2020 02:01PM
Ok miss understood. never have adjusted the temp in the Scorpion app. Please refer to previous questions : Yes if I change settings in MC40 it alters the settings MC6. As I said I have powered the fan from aux1 as per manual. Do I set the Source value to esc or port 1. What cell type do I set in MC6 and MC40 and do I have to worry about setting the banks. I have tried all temperatures but to no avail the fan will not switch.

Thanks
Jim
RV
September 11, 2020 07:30PM
The MC 40 is automatically set when you select a input source. Just set MC6 as channel (probably neeeds reverse depending on your ESC for the fan) driven by the MC40.

To test - alter the threshold below / above current temp.

NOTE: You need a seperate ESC or Switch for the fan - you can NOT plug any fan into a RC channel directly.

Rainer Vetter

September 12, 2020 10:13AM
Hi jimwardle!
Youe wrote "... I have powered the fan from aux 1 ..." - stupid question - do you use a switching module or put the fan direct into aux1? It can´t work without a switching module ... in my case a graupner sxh ...
Geri
September 12, 2020 10:15AM
Here a picture ...

September 12, 2020 11:47AM
Thank you Rainer, I will get a switch.
September 12, 2020 11:47AM
Thank you smileys with beer
September 17, 2020 07:16PM
anyone know what this part is in the middle? I could not tell, Thanks

RV
September 17, 2020 08:45PM
This is a electronical switch element. Just what we try to explain with "you need a esc or switch to drive the fan". Our signal is a usual servo PPM - and can NOT be used as fan motor power.

Rainer Vetter

September 17, 2020 11:50PM
Thanks anyone have a link so i can read about it to get a fan going? I was thinking the top left was the "simple switch" mentioned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2020 12:00AM by vstabinewbie.
RV
September 18, 2020 06:21AM
It is just a one channel rc switch module, e.g. as for a light to be switched remotely.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/RC-Modellbau-Schalter-Switch-Schaltmodul-max-60V-2A-galvanisch-getrennt-/202467960686

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login