Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

U/I sensor for Logo 200 ETA

Posted by anders_norlin 
U/I sensor for Logo 200 ETA
September 09, 2020 09:54PM
Hi,

Is there an ETA on the smaller version of the U/I sensor for Logo 200?

Maybe also possible to make a smaller version of the Battery ID Sensor and Battery ID Tags?

Thank's
Anders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 10:12PM by anders_norlin.
Re: U/I sensor for Logo 200 ETA
September 10, 2020 08:58AM
Hi Anders,

not yet, I'm afraid. And I guess Battery ID will never be there in a 'nano' version ... maybe time to think about a battery pre-selection again, where you only see batteries suitable for or allocated to a certain model, once or if there is a u/i sensor.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 10:07AM
Thank's need to get one of those U/I sensors I think. smiling smiley
Sky
September 10, 2020 10:38AM
Hi Anders,

works with the U/I Sensor perfect. Change cable on it. So it is lighter.
Flighttime between 4:30 and >6:00

I use 85% of 650mAh LiPo.

Attention:
Plugs on this pic. are in the wrong direction. I have change after shooting pic. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 10:43AM by Sky.

September 10, 2020 10:43AM
Sky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Anders,
>
> works with the U/I Sensor perfect. Change cable on
> it. So it is lighter.
> Flighttime between 4:30 and >6:00
>
> I use 85% of 650mAh LiPo.

Hi,
That looks perfect, I'm going to do the same.
Thank's,
Anders
September 10, 2020 01:32PM
Hi,

I have prepared a spare one which I plan to mount where it belongs, cutting the black wire to the ESC, soldering that to the shunt, and only connecting it with a separate servo wire lead to the passing red wire/connector (is only for reference/measuring voltage, anyway).
Then, a shortened telemetry wire, and hopefully it all fits in front under the canopy, and can hopefully still be connected easily.
Shame that my heli's not here, so let's see tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, I will post pics, then, too.

Adds only 7 g of weight, or so it seems.

The solution above is neat, though, well done!

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 01:45PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have prepared a spare one which I plan to mount
> where it belongs, cutting the black wire to the
> ESC, soldering that to the shunt, and only
> connecting it with a separate servo wire lead to
> the passing red wire/connector (is only for
> reference/measuring voltage, anyway).
> Then, a shortened telemetry wire, and hopefully it
> all fits in front under the canopy, and can
> hopefully still be connected easily.
> Shame that my heli's not here, so let's see
> tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, I
> will post pics, then, too.
>
> Adds only 7 g of weight, or so it seems.
>
> The solution above is neat, though, well done!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Eddi

Great stuff, looking forward to see the solution. smiling smiley

Thank’s
Anders
September 10, 2020 02:54PM
Hi Eddi - freue mich auf deine Bilder ... und vielleicht dann auch noch eine deutsche Verkabelungsbeschreibung ... bin mir nicht sicher, ob ich das richtig verstanden habe ... eye rolling smiley
Beste Grüße, Geri
September 10, 2020 03:34PM
Hi Geri,

übriger Sensor -> soll in's Reglerkabel eingeschleift werden, und zwar nur in's schwarze (–), zu (+) lege ich nur einen Klingeldraht, als Referenz und um die Spannung messen zu können ... das Pluskabel vom Regler geht dabei am Sensor vorbei.
Dazu ein gekürztes Telemetriekabel. Mal schauen, wie's ausgeht. Eigentlich ist vor dem Regler/der NEO über dem Akku genug Platz.

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 10, 2020 07:20PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> not yet, I'm afraid. And I guess Battery ID will
> never be there in a 'nano' version ... maybe time
> to think about a battery pre-selection again,
> where you only see batteries suitable for or
> allocated to a certain model, once or if there is
> a u/i sensor.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Eddi

Eddi - I would highly, HIGHLY encourage Mikado to re-thinking the battery pre-selections again! It is confusing to have to scroll through EVERY SINGLE BATTERY in the battery 'library' for every heli I own when powering up.
I love Vcontrol/Vbar, but this is one area that needs improvement.
One cannot help but think that the refinement of this isn't too difficult to achieve from a programming perspective.

WWG1WGA
September 10, 2020 09:26PM
"... maybe time to think about a battery pre-selection again,where you only see batteries suitable for or allocated to a certain model"

Eddi - That just made my day! Hoping this gets done soon.
September 11, 2020 08:03AM
@Skeezix - have a look for "Fixed Battery ID" - i use this an it works great, if you have same size battery for this model ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2020 08:04AM by Dirtygeri.
September 11, 2020 08:04AM
Danke Eddi thumbs up
September 11, 2020 11:55AM
Hi all,

here we go:

As a preparation, I have removed the shrink cover and the original wires, and soldered a single servo lead to (+).

On the 200, I removed the shrink wrap from the connector's red wire, and de-soldered the wire.
Then, I measured up and cut the black wire, making it as short as possible with only very little slack, and soldered the ends to the sensor's shunt.
While still accessible, I shrink-wrapped the sensor again, only then I re-soldered the red wire from the ESC to the connector and added the (+) measuring wire—job done.

I found that it's a tight thing, the wires are just long enough so you can still connect the battery.
I removed the shrink tubing from the battery wire actually, de-soldered each wire, added a shorter bit of shrink tube, and put it all back together, just to get a tiny bit more flex from the connector end ... the longer shrink tube stiffened the battery wire a tad too much so it was more cumbersome to connect the wire.

I also cut a telemetry wire and made it just long enough to connect the sensor to the VBar NEO mini.

Now everything fits under the canopy, and a first test flight was successful (old man's style, bank 2, but with some aerobatics and piro stuff).

While writing this up, the charger put back in 422 mAh (412 used as per the log), accurate enough for my taste smiling smiley

I guess making the wires longer and putting the sensor in between the skids is the better solution, though, less stress for the pilot and for the sensor and wires when dis-/connecting, but maybe it's worth thinking about only running the black wire there, with appropriate gauge, and running only a thin red (measuring wire) there, one-way.

//

jetzt aber:

Zur Vorbereitung habe ich den Sensor ausgeschrumpft, die Kabel entfernt, und ein ein einzelnes Servokabel an (+) angelötet.

Am 200-er habe ich an der Plusleitung den Schrumpfschlauch entfernt, und die auch abgelötet.
Dann habe ich Maß genommen und das schwarze Kabel aufgetrennt und etwas gekürzt, so dass das ganze so kurz wie möglich mit nur ganz wenig Lose zu liegen kommt, und die Enden an den Shunt am Sensor angelötet.
Solange ich noch dran kam, habe ich den Sensor auch gleich wieder eingeschrumpft, und dann das rote Kabel wieder angelötet, plus die rote Messleitung dazu – erledigt.

Es geht eng zu, die Kabel waren gerade lang genug, so dass ich den Akku auch wieder einstecken kann.
Ich habe sogar den Schrumpfschlauch von den Akku-Steckern entfernt, abgelötet, neuen und kürzeren aufgesteckt, wieder angelötet, um ein Quäntchen mehr Flex am Stecker-Ende zu bekommen ... der längere originale Schrumpfschlauch hat das etwas zu sehr versteift, so dass das Einstecken mühsamer war.

Ein Telemetriekabel habe ich gekürzt, so dass es gerade zur Verbindung mit der VStabi NEO mini passt.

Passt alles unter die Haube, und der Erstflug war erfolgreich (Altherren Gangart, in Bank 2, aber mit etwas Kunstflug und Piro-Gedöns ...).

Während ich das hier zusammengeschrieben habe, hat der Lader 422 mAh wieder rein geladen, bei einem Verbrauch von 412 lt. Log ... gut genug, für meinen Geschmack smiling smiley

Ich denke, die Lösung mit längeren Kabeln dem Sensor zwischen den Kufen ist die elegantere, weniger Stress für den Sensor, die Kabel und Stecker (und den Piloten) beim Aus-/Einstecken, aber man könnte überlegen, auch da nur das schwarze Kabel mit großem Querschnitt durchzuführen, und eine dünne rote Messleitung als Einbahnstraße.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

September 11, 2020 01:11PM
Great inspiration. I will try the combination between the two and put it under the skids with black wire and thinner measuring wire.

Thank's
Anders
September 11, 2020 01:44PM
Hi Anders,

a wee word of warning: when soldering the sensor, keep the shunt tidy: the wire or enough solder must connect to the wide surface, but there is a tiny pin on the inside, which must not be covered with solder, else the sensor will no longer show correct values.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 11, 2020 04:06PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> a wee word of warning: when soldering the sensor,
> keep the shunt tidy: the wire or enough solder
> must connect to the wide surface, but there is a
> tiny pin on the inside, which must not be covered
> with solder, else the sensor will no longer show
> correct values.
>
> Cheers
>
> Eddi

Ok, Thank's for the heads up. I don't have one in front of me but you mean on the circuit bord under the shunt?

Thank's
Anders
September 11, 2020 07:41PM
Hmm - Strom - und somit Verbrauchsmessung wäre schon sehr interessant - zumal man bei dem Kleinen gerne unterschiedliche Drehzahlen fliegt, und somit unterschiedliche Flugzeiten hat..

Die Lösung unter der Kufe dürfte auch vom Schwerpunkt günstiger sein, da wir eh schon eine "leichte" Kopflastigkeit haben..
Allerdings kürzer Kabel sind auch immer besser.. - hmm

LG
Thomas
Sky
September 11, 2020 07:49PM
Hallo Thomas,

würde ohne Sensor nicht mehr fliegen.
Habe alle Kabel auf das Minimum gekürzt und etwas „Luft“ gelassen.

Mit dem Sensor wird keine Flugzeit mehr verschenkt. 85% Entnahme eingestellt und los geht es mit dem Ballern.

Der Logo 200 ist der BESTE 200 den ich je geflogen habe.
September 11, 2020 07:56PM
thomas1130 Wrote:
> Hmm - Strom - und somit Verbrauchsmessung wäre
> schon sehr interessant - zumal man bei dem Kleinen
> gerne unterschiedliche Drehzahlen fliegt, und
> somit unterschiedliche Flugzeiten hat..
>
> Die Lösung unter der Kufe dürfte auch vom
> Schwerpunkt günstiger sein, da wir eh schon eine
> "leichte" Kopflastigkeit haben..
> Allerdings kürzer Kabel sind auch immer besser..
> - hmm
>
> LG
> Thomas

If you place the sensor in the front on the right side of the frame, you will have short cables. Only 7-10 grams of weight are added. I want to figure out a way that do not put strain on the cables attached to the U/I sensor when connecting battery and pulling the connectors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2020 10:57PM by anders_norlin.
September 13, 2020 09:27AM
anders_norlin Wrote:

> If you place the sensor in the front on the right
> side of the frame, you will have short cables.
> Only 7-10 grams of weight are added. I want to
> figure out a way that do not put strain on the
> cables attached to the U/I sensor when connecting
> battery and pulling the connectors.

Das denke ich auch - Eddi's Lösung hat zwar kurze Kabel und einen "unsichtbaren Sensor" - aber der Stress auf die XT30 ist schon hoch - fraglich wie lange das hält..

Sky's Lösung ist vom Schwerpunkt sicher gut - allerdings lange Kabel & Sensor immer sichtbar.

Bitte Fotos von "front of the right frame! posten - THX! smiling smiley

LG,
thomas
September 16, 2020 11:37AM
Hallo!
Alle Wege führen nach Rom und jeder muss seinen passenden Weg finden ...
Hier meine Lösung - schön am Schwerpunkt - bei gemischter Flugweise Bank 1 bis 3 mit Rundflug in allen Lagen, etwas Soft 3D mit Rollen, Flips und Funnels komme ich auf eine Flugzeit von +/- 06:00 Minuten bei 80% Akkukapazität (ist ja neu). Das Abfluggewicht liegt bei 347g mit Haube, d.h. rund 10% mehr ... spüre ich aber überhaupt nicht. Nur bei der Rettung muss der Pitchwert unbedingt bei Bank 1 und Standard-Drehzahl deutlich erhöht werden, sonst taucht er rund einen Meter ab ... Bei Bank 2 und 3 nur ein wenig mehr Pitch erforderlich, das passt schon smiling smiley
Jedenfalls ein toller Heli !!! Dickes Kompliment an das Mikado-Team thumbs up
Beste Grüße,
Geri

September 16, 2020 11:38AM
... und die restlichen Bilder! Gruß Geri

Sky
September 16, 2020 12:14PM
Hallo,

mit der Steckervariante nur 349 Gramm.

September 16, 2020 12:27PM
Hi,

Did not fit on right side, put it in front with short cables instead.

Regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Anders Norlin

A.B
December 17, 2020 08:37PM
Hallo,

anbei hier auch meine Variante zum Einbau des UI-Sensors.

Der Einbau war relativ filigran, anfänglich ging die Haube auch nicht mehr ordentlich rauf, daher versetzte ich kurzerhand den Regler samt Stabi etwas zur Seite, jetzt geht die Haube problemlos rauf.

Fliegt auch mit dem Sensor perfekt, wenn auch der Schwerpunkt sicher etwas nach vorne wandert,
absolut empfehlenswert, da sonst bei gemischten Drehzahlen die Flugzeit immer ein pokern war.

Andreas

December 18, 2020 10:34AM
I would like to see the u/i sensor capability built in to the esc. Like all new esc on the market supports this.

Regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Anders Norlin
December 18, 2020 12:10PM
Hallo Zusammen,

trotzdem ist es heutzutage alles andere als zeitgemäß einen 600 Euro teuren 180er Miniheli ohne Telemetrie auszuliefern. Mit dem Zusatz Pro Rescue legt man 700 Euro auf den Tisch.
Das Original OMPHOBBY M2 V2 kann es auch in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Radiomaster Sender. In Angesicht des Preises sollte dies schon mit an Board sein. Das wäre zumindest meine Erwartungshaltung.

Gruß
Dietmar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login