Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar governor freezes

Posted by codepox 
VBar governor freezes
September 07, 2020 03:46PM
It looks like the VBar governor is freezing on my setup VBar Neo 6.4 with YGE Aureus 135.
The heli will spool up and I will start to fly with no problem, the VBar governor holding the RPM perfectly then suddenly the rpm would not hold anymore and drop every time I load the disk.
Looking at the telemetry graph (photo and log attached) you can clearly see the problem twice in this particular flight, everything is good then the PWM output just flat line.
My three flight banks are setup identically for the governor except for RPM, the first one is 1860, second one 1960 and third is 2060.
The problem is very consistent, if I start in bank 1 and 2, the problem will happen every time but if I start in bank 3 everything is fine for the all flight.
I tried to swap the bank order but it is always the same, setting the governor at 1860 and 1960 will always cause the problem but at 2060 everything is fine.
Also when the problem happens, If I change banks in flight nothing happens, like everything is frozen for the governor.
I have to land, stop the motor and restart to unfreeze the governor.

Attachments:
open | download - VC-11000960_VB-0020007298_FL-1599399731_vbar.log.zip (1.7 KB)
RV
Re: VBar governor freezes
September 07, 2020 06:56PM
Could you please attach the Vbar log too?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 07, 2020 07:04PM
It is attached as a zip file, can you open it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2020 07:05PM by codepox.
RV
September 07, 2020 07:49PM
Hmmm ... strange!

The current is "working" - so the ESC does a kind of governing. The flat curve is the ESC internal opening.

Could you please have a look if the ESC is programmed as for VGov - and post me the VBC firmware version?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 07, 2020 08:14PM
VBC is 11000960 1.1402
VBar is 0020007298 6.4.45
and the ESC Mode is "VBar Governor Mode" (see attached photo).

You said "The flat curve is the ESC internal opening", I thought the red curve was the PWM signal sent from the VBar to the ESC?

September 08, 2020 06:57AM
Hi
Gov already active after MOTOR to IDLE? Do you have the MOTOR switch on a spring loaded switch?

Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
September 08, 2020 02:51PM
Yes, my motor switch is on a spring loaded switch, I use the one on the bottom right which is a pretty standard position.
I also use a safety switch.
RV
September 08, 2020 10:13PM
Quote:
I thought the red curve was the PWM signal sent from the VBar to the ESC?

Then you are wrong. The real opening from ESC is the value which must be used as "load info" if we have it. If not - Vbar output is logged.

Rainer Vetter

September 08, 2020 10:45PM
Any idea why I am having this problem with the governor?
Thanks.
RV
September 08, 2020 11:31PM
Not at all.

But - is there any limitation set up in the ESC?
I think we have to figure out first if it is a VGOV or ESC issue.

let me know your VBCt SN and i will program a special log to get the VGOV Throttle too. (but must be analyzed manually then)

Rainer Vetter

September 08, 2020 11:45PM
my VBCt is 11000960 version 1.1402
thanks
RV
September 09, 2020 08:12PM
Okay - i have disabled the Battery logbook on this VBC and enabled a developement one (same usage).

There is a new logged item at your Power Log wich represents the VGov Value (last one) - this won't be shown as graph but can be read as number ;-)

Please update VBCt and then do a flight.
Attach the log file of the VBar and the Power Logfile here.

Rainer Vetter

September 10, 2020 05:09AM
Hi Rainer,

Did some flying today before I saw your last message.
I was looking a the YGE status screen while flying and saw something very interesting.

When I start flying in bank 1 or 2, the "Thr. Input" and "Thr. Opening" will track perfectly as expected.
Then suddenly "Thr. Opening" will be stuck to a value (71% in the case of the photo).
The "Thr. Opening" will start increasing until reaching 105%.
It looks like, in the middle of the flight the ESC decides to ignore the "Thr. Input"

RV
September 10, 2020 06:40AM
This is what it needs to know. Please do one flight with my changes and add the log for final verification.

I have a very good contact to the YGE developer and will keep him posted afterwards ;-)

Rainer Vetter

September 10, 2020 08:28PM
Thanks, I updated my VCt.

YGE was monitoring this thread and sent me already a firmware update for my ESC.

Will retest everything this week end when I go back to the field and will post the log files.
Thanks,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 08:28PM by codepox.
RV
September 11, 2020 05:57AM
Okay - lets see what happens now.

Rainer Vetter

September 14, 2020 03:17AM
Flew today with the updated ESC firmware and VCt but saw no changes.
The problem is still happening with the gov set to 1860 or 1960 but everything works fine at 2060.

I attached the logs/graphs of 2 flights showing the problem, the first one at 1860 and the second one at 1960.
On the graph the new value you added (Vgov %), shows up in brown and follow the throttle opening but with a small offset.
it looks like at some point the ESC ignores the signal from the VBar.

Attachments:
open | download - Archive.zip (21.2 KB)
RV
September 14, 2020 06:08AM
This is what i want to figure out here. I'll forward to YGE.

Rainer Vetter

October 05, 2020 02:49AM
Got a new firmware update from YGE, version 1.03421, and I don't see the problem anymore.
Looks like the problem is fixed.

Rainer, thanks a lot for the great support.
You can revert my VCt to the normal firmware.

Thanks,
RV
October 05, 2020 07:01AM
Hello,

great to hear.

You are already on the normal files with 11000960.

Rainer Vetter

October 13, 2020 03:59AM
Hi Rainer,

I still have the extra parameter in the logs.
RV
October 13, 2020 11:35PM
Okay - the batterylog was on the devel version, it seems that i have forgot to change it ... please update once again.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login