Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HobbyWing ESC, which mode ?

Posted by pwood 
HobbyWing ESC, which mode ?
May 07, 2020 04:41PM
Hi guys

I have the new HW firmware flashed onto the ESC and the telemetry is working perfectly.

In the video by Kyle Stacy, he mentioned it does a complete reset of the ESC, back to default... ELF Gov.
He mentioned nothing else needs to be set...... this didn't work very well with the VBar Gov!!

I contacted him on FaceBook and he advised running the HW Gov Store mode, which works well.
I am happy to keep it like this, but do like keeping it "All Mikado"

To get the VBar Gov working, the HW ESC will need to be set to some linear mode....
Does anyone know what is best?
Plane Mode?
Heli linear throttle?
or
Should I just keep the HW Gov Store and let the ESC do its thing.

Thanks
Regards
Paul
RV
Re: HobbyWing ESC, which mode ?
May 07, 2020 06:17PM
Quote:
To get the VBar Gov working, the HW ESC will need to be set to some linear mode....

This should be known by the HW Support. I would go for a mode which just follows the trhottle and has no internal control loop except a soft start. I think this would be "Heli linear Throttle".

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 07, 2020 06:55PM
Hello Rainer

Thanks. That’s what I would have assumed.
Was just checking if anyone has actually run the Vbar Gov on a HW ESC.
I will go test it out in the next few days and report back.

For info, I’m running a HW 60 A ESC with the telemetry setup and a UI sensor on an Oxy3.
I had the UI sensor before and seeing the 60A ESC doesn’t have the ability to check the mA used, I tried the telemetry and UI sensor together.

Regards
Paul
RV
May 07, 2020 10:38PM
Quote:
For info, I’m running a HW 60 A ESC with the telemetry setup and a UI sensor on an Oxy3.
I had the UI sensor before and seeing the 60A ESC doesn’t have the ability to check the mA used, I tried the telemetry and UI sensor together.

Yep. Unfortunately HW does not have any hardware to estimate / measure the current and used capacity in this ESC (which is the most important value for the battery management) ;-(

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 08, 2020 06:53PM
Hi Guys

I test flew my Oxy3 / HW 60, set to Neo internal gov and the ESC set to Heli Linear Throttle.

Wow. MUCH better than the HW gov store.
No over/under speeds, really good hold of the rpm and made the tail feel soooo much better.

Can highly recommend Neo Gov on HW.
All settings were left default on HW and Neo.

The attached picture is 2 flights. Top is with the HW Gov Store, Bottom is Neo Gov.
I did land a few times to make adjustments on the top flight....but overall, the rpm is all over the place!!!

Regards
Paul

RV
May 08, 2020 07:47PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login