Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gps module

Posted by Bstr8888 
gps module
January 10, 2020 04:47PM
i have vbar control touch radio,neo with pro software,scoripion tribunes 300amp esc.tring to get gps working with esc when both are pluged in to neo.if I plug in only one it works .when I plug in both the esc seems to override the gps,but if I plug in gps byitself it works .when both sensors pluged in I get the module for gps is not installed and activated.you must do this now,installingneeds to have the network to be available..i removed gps and reinstalled it.please help..THX bud
Re: gps module
January 10, 2020 04:58PM
Hi,

if both are connected individually, e.g. GPS to TELE1 and the ESC to TELE2, it should work.

If the ESC was routed through the GPS (daisy chaining), it could happen that the ESC's telemetry data would not be transmitted properly (reason yet unknown).

But both together should work, if wired individually.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 10, 2020 06:05PM
when I connect it says the module for gps module is not installed and activated.you can now do this,installing needs the network to be activated
RV
January 10, 2020 08:04PM
You have the Auto Installer App loaded which points you to missing apps for corresponding items. It seems you didn't load the GPS app - just do as recommended.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 10, 2020 09:12PM
Auto installer app active..gps app active..when i plug in esc sensor and gps sensor the esc overides gps..can i plug in esc sensor to the sensor on the end of neo?
RV
January 11, 2020 11:34AM
Hello,

You can plug in telemetry Items at TELE1 and TELE2 at the NEO. You can chain them, except at a GPS Module in some cases not for setupable devices like a ESC. To read only - no problem at a GPS in chain.

I would do:

TELE1: - BatteryID - GPS
TELE2: - ESC

The "Sensor" at the NEO is for a external Gyro Sensor only.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 11, 2020 01:10PM
Plugged in gps and esc like you advised..esc data works good gps tells to to install gps app which i did and not installed message appears again..when i plug gps in by itself it works fine.so maybe gps and scoripion esc data not combatable..or do you think gps unit is bad??tried daiseychain also and esc works fine and gps not install message comes up again.esc data wire inly has two wires grey and black .no power wire..gps wire has all three.maybe this has some effect on this working...thanks for your help..bud
RV
January 11, 2020 07:23PM
Hello,

i am running hearly the same here on my bench - and all working as it should. But obviously something won't install the required apps.

Could you please remove GPS and Scorpion App, unplug GPS sensor then retry to figure out whetr it is something with the GPS app or in General. When the Scorpion ESC is installed and no more Auto Installer comes up, try GPS again.

Rainer Vetter

January 11, 2020 09:20PM
Removed gps and esc from neo..removed app in radio called autoinstall notification.then plug gps and esc back in neo.then install gps app..then install scoripion app..radio and neo powered up for this..battery ok was ok no remove or reinstall needed..powered off radio and neo,powered back up and all is working..tested 3 times with????...thank you so very much for your help..bud
RV
January 11, 2020 10:25PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login