Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar Control - Hobbywing Integration

Posted by R@VBar 
Re: VBar Control - Hobbywing Integration
March 30, 2020 09:30AM
Hi zusammen, hi Andy,

ich finde es jetzt frech, wenn HW Kunden sagt, das sei nicht ihr, sondern Mikados Problem.

Sie haben in sofern recht, dass wir die App für die Classic noch machen müssen, aber durch ihren vorzeitigen Firmwareergu- Release _ohne_ irgendeine Absprache (kommt mir vor, wie während fast der ganzen Entwicklung ...) lassen sie uns jetzt blöd da stehen.
Vielleicht die Retourkutsche, dass wir immer gesagt, haben, der Ball ist in HW's Spielfeld (war er ja auch, aber sie haben das Spiel jetzt eben einseitig für beendet erklärt).

Mal abgesehen von den Problemchen, die Frühupdater zu haben scheinen, was man so im Netz liest.

Also, kommt Zeit, kommt App. Wir werden Euch sicherlich nicht hängen lassen, aber es muss halt noch ein paar Tage, eher Wochen länger so gehen wie 'bis gestern' ... was ja auch ging smiling smiley

//

I find it bold of HW to tell customers, it's not their but Mikado's problem.

They are right in a way that we still have to make the App for the Classic, granted, but by their premature firmware-eja... release _without_ any accord (seems to me: like during the whole time of development) they make us look as if we didn't get the thumbs out of our butts.
Maybe this is tit for tat, for us repeating the ball was in their field (which it was, but now they declare the game closed unilaterally).

Not to speak of the issues early updaters seem to have, according to posts on the net.

So, the App will follow once it's ready. We won't leave you out int the rain, but for now it has to work as it did until now smiling smiley, for the next couple of days, more like weeks.

— Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 03, 2020 04:29PM
Hi i thank you for reassuring me and the rest of us we haven't been forgotten about with are original vcontrol and older vbars. The last thing i wanted to do was to upset the guys at mikado but i am glad to know you taking control of the situation and are getting the job done.

Thanks again

Andy
April 04, 2020 10:32PM
do you also know if the new firmware for vcontrol integration will work with the align versions of the hobbywing esc as they come with all the align kits from factory now?

thanks
RV
April 04, 2020 11:05PM
No, i don't know. Please ask HW support.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 15, 2020 12:54AM
Avalable for old VBC
Many THX smiling smiley
April 15, 2020 11:19AM
hi

so im having issues with this!

ive updated the esc to the correct vbar version.
ive updated my classic vcontrol and installed the new hobbywing app.
installed the new connection wire.

im finding that with the telemetry wire connected the esc wont initialise properly and shows no telemetry but with the cable removed the esc works like normal but with no data! ive reset the endpoints etc but can only do this when the new cable is disconnected.

im also using a silverline esc.

Any suggestions?

Andy
RV
April 15, 2020 11:24AM
So you are using a Silverline VBar or a NEO?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 15, 2020 12:09PM
hi im using a silverline
April 15, 2020 12:10PM
im also getting no hobbywing icon showing up at any point
April 15, 2020 12:11PM
i also just did a bench test and the esc with the cable disconnected doesn't run properly the governor is hunting all over the place!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 12:12PM by andypaddlerking.
RV
April 15, 2020 02:01PM
Quote:
the governor is hunting all over the place!

Is the ESC up-to-date?
Are there Log entries in the VBar log?
Consider HW had a bad issue with the RPM signel for us which caused this behaviour ...

General info about ESC Telemetry Detection:

When the ESC doesn't come up fast and powerful enough with its telemetry protocol - the detection may fail. This could happen almost on old VBars like Minis and Fullsize VBars. Our Sensors (Battery, UI, GPS) come up as required.

I ma afraid we can't do anything here than recommend to change the old hardwares (they have never been made for Telemetry usage years ago) over to a NEO.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 02:16PM by RV.
April 15, 2020 02:13PM
the esc is running the 04.0.08

the esc was purchased a month ago.

the vbar logs look like normal no warning or abnormal entries
RV
April 15, 2020 02:25PM
Well - update the ESC and live as it is (should work then with VGov - if not claim at HW), telemetry won't work on old devices (little bit of a lottery here with the old units - so NEO recommended).

Rainer Vetter

RV
April 15, 2020 02:30PM
One Chance ... just verified ...

When using another Mikado Telemetry Item like a GPS or a Battery ID (!) and connecting the ESC to this one - and only connecting the Mikado telemetry item to the old VBar (i think about Battery ID) - it will detect the ESC ;-)

Reason: The Mikado item "in the row" will improve the signals ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 02:32PM by RV.
April 15, 2020 02:37PM
Hi

im not running any other telemetry item on my heli and i dont have any others to try this with.
April 15, 2020 02:47PM
why wont it work on the original vbars?
April 15, 2020 02:48PM
i thought you said in an earlier message that you would be allowing it to work with the original vbars. the ui sensor worked ok so why not this?
April 15, 2020 03:07PM
so if i buy the id reader this will definetly work?

thanks
RV
April 15, 2020 03:09PM
As said - i have checked this on my bench here - and it is working.

Rainer Vetter

April 15, 2020 03:38PM
Hi,

since Battery ID is a must have (in my opinion ;-) on helis where it fits, that would be the way to go.

Reason why it could not work properly alone is, on legacy VBars, we are using the Spektrum Satellite ports, which were designed as ... receiver inputs, with the required circuit and electric requirements. They are a design from 2012 and before after all.

Our telemetry items are designed in a way so they act per our own specs—same specs which we also provide to parties like YGE, Scorpion, Kontronik, HW.

Now comes the 'but' ... they do their own thing, use or abuse their own hardware and connectivity, means, there could be technical reasons why it does not/properly work with legacy VBars (at least with existing ESCs, only updated), or shortcomings in the implementation of the specs.

If you do new hardware, like YGE, Scorpion, Kontronik with TelMe module and their latest ESCs, you can make it work (but still there may be shortcomings).
If you only do software for existing hardware, like HW, you might have to live with the hardware at hand ... benefit for the customer, no new ESC required, just an update, but also possible downside, if it has limitations.

If you connect a 'shaky' device to a Mikado Sensor, that sensor can improve the signal to the VBar (also: legacy VBar), like it will most likely work on a VBar NEO, where the former or combined Telemetry/Spektrum Sat ports are designed differently.

Bottom line, you can go NEO, you can use a different sensor as a signal relay/enhancer in between, or you have live with it the way it was before ... sorry for that ... but at least it didn't cost you money, and the ESC didn't go bad either, just so smiling smiley you can still fly.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 15, 2020 05:50PM
hey guys

thanks for all your help!

Iv'e ordered a battery id reader and tags so will give this a go.
I'll let you know how i got on.

Andy
April 24, 2020 04:33PM
Hey guys

I just wanted to let you know that i got the esc all sorted out once I added the mikado battery id reader to the system. Now all works perfectly!

Thanks
RV
April 24, 2020 05:52PM
Well done!!!

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login