Advanced

Failsafe - RC Input PacketLoss

Posted by mdu66 
Failsafe - RC Input PacketLoss
June 16, 2019 09:22PM
Configuration:

VBCtouch (latest updates)
NEO vlink (latest update)
TDF with Pyro650/65 and YGE 135 Aureus at 7s (ESC set at 7v) with 300mah LiFe buffer pack
MKS Servos

Flew last year with different ESC without problem (just no telemetry from Jive / otherwise all was fine)

Changed ESC to Scorpion Tribunus and added BAttery ID sensor.

Had BEC issues (low voltage indication + BEC would reset) with Tribunus ESC and also first occurence of Failsafe.
Changed to YGE 135 - no more BEC voltage messages but RC Input Packet Lost + Failsafe still occurence at short distance (20-30m).

Removed the Battery ID sensor (no difference)

Latest Range test results (just running under Buffer Pack)

At 10m and 1m high (table) - signal strength is about in the middle of the bar.
If I go to 20m and turn TX about 90deg to the heli I get RC Input Packet Loss and if I repeat a couple of times I will get Failsafe. (not 100% repeatable all times ...)

After the first occurrences of this problem, I have bought 230mm antennas so they could be farther apart (on boom with Mikado Antenna mount).

This has not solve the issue.

Flew 1 year with same Heli/motor/Jive ESC with different Radio/FBL without problem.

I currently don't have access to another pilot who has VBC/NEO so don't know if it is a VBC or NEO problem.
Are there any ways to confirm which is at fault ?

thanks, Mario
RV
Re: Failsafe - RC Input PacketLoss
June 16, 2019 10:14PM
Okay - could you please add a screenshot of the bars in this situation?

Usually such things may come up when the included VLink had a static hit by something, but lets see the shots first ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 16, 2019 10:23PM
I will try to reproduce and get a screenshot of the status bar when Failsafe happens.

I am able to reproduce (not 100% all times) when there is no moving parts in the helicopter - so static should not come into play
RV
June 16, 2019 10:26PM
The bars could be taken just in the situation where the failsafe may happen - not needed to reproduce exactly.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 16, 2019 10:56PM
Here are the screenshots - distance from Heli about 30m

June 17, 2019 09:03AM
Hi,

although the second screenshot is scrolled down so the important information is almost clipped, I can see that the receiver antenna status is bad.
Means, most probably the receiver circuit is damaged.

What's the story about this NEO, was it new in box when it came onto the TDF, or maybe moved from a different heli? Which type, if so?

How's everything laid out on the TDF, wires, VBar, antennae?

I'm afraid this VBar is not/no longer safe to use, so please create a service request for it at www.vstabi.info/devices (My Devices) and we will see to it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 17, 2019 01:30PM
The NEO was bought new last year.

The antennas go backward each side of the tail boom and go thru a Mikado Antenna mount - the tips are exposed (1.5cm) and are at least 10cm apart from each other.

Since I have change from regular length to 230mm antennas I will double check that they are well connected - and if so I will create a service request.

thanks, Mario
June 17, 2019 03:14PM
I have check the antenna connections and both are correct.

While removing the unit - I try just powering it with no other devices attached (servos) and I still get the same RX reading (low values) from the Status Screen so I will open up a Service Request.

In parallel I have order a new Neo to serve as a spare - so I will request that the PRO licence (broken Neo) be transfer to the new unit coming in a couple of days.

thanks, Mario
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login