Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ESC Problem .(Governor input contains glitches)

Posted by HanKang 
ESC Problem .(Governor input contains glitches)
March 15, 2019 06:44AM
gaui x3 hobbywing 60A V4 Gear ratio 10.077(main gear 131 ,moto gear 13)
and vbar mini up to 6

when i set gov 70% ,vbct shows this warning(Governor input contains glitches)
but when i set gov 50%,no warning

when i manual set Gear ratio 12.7(Maximum input can only be 12.7),no warning.
add gov to 80%,this warning show again.

I guess vbct can not Accept too high main blade rotation speed,hope mikado will fix it.

you can test this with 550 or 700,set the Gear ratio about half of normal(it just only affects the speed display),
this warning will show.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 01:32PM by RV.

RV
Re: vbar control touch problem.(Governor input contains glitches)
March 15, 2019 01:32PM
Gov glitches come up when the RPM signal provided by the ESC is not accurate as required in our description.

So - having a scope you will se disturbed rectangled signals at the input pin of RPM.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 16, 2019 02:06AM
But why does the warning decrease or disappear after increasing the gear ratio and the warning appears after reducing the gear ratio when the gov is unchanged?confused smiley
RV
March 16, 2019 10:32AM
I don't know why - should have a look on a scope, but i don't have a HW ESC here to cross check.

Note: The gear ratio has nothing to do here - but the field rpm of the motor (which just depends on the throttle input - gear ratio and pole count is just a calculation number).

You stated it is ok at 50% - but gets worse at 70% and 80% Throttle

So i assume that the RPM signal shape is not steep enough and jitters. Tis will be ok when the NEO has enough time to detect - but gets worse as soon as the falling voltage on the (initially rectangled, but obviously not) signal is some kind of inconsistent.

Having a scope you will surely see this - or the opposite way that the signal does not rise up enough (2.5V needed).

This could be improved by adding a additional pulldown resistor between RPM and GND - i would start with 10 kOhm, probably try 4.7 kOhm and 2.2 kOhm (if the falling voltage isn't ok) - or a additional pullup (more difficult) if the signal height isn't okay.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login