Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBC Touch Registration / Damaged Screen

Posted by Freeskiken 
VBC Touch Registration / Damaged Screen
October 20, 2018 02:54AM
Hi, I just received my new VBC Touch. I took it out of the box when I turned it on the screen is cracked from the inside. All around the cracked part the screen is black.

I started to set it up but then I thought I should not register it to me since it’s brand new and may have to go back.

I talked to the company I bought it from and he talked to Mikado USA. They said I should start a RMA to get service or send it back.

I thought I read I should register the VBC T through WiFi other wise it will not automatically update. Not that I started to set up the radio but cancelled the registration how do I get back to the part where you scan the QR code and register the VBC T ?
Re: VBC Touch Registration / Damaged Screen
October 20, 2018 04:27AM
Hopefully it’s OK. The only way I could see to register the VBC T was to hook it up to my computer and log into my account. I register it to my account. Selected the apps I thought I need for now. Then hooked it back up again to VBar control manager and uploaded the apps to the radio.

Hopefully it will update automatically through my iPhone wifi in the future.

I created a service ticket about the cracked screen.
October 20, 2018 04:58AM
Here are some pictures of the damaged screen. Came like this cracked internally from new.

RV
October 20, 2018 09:44AM
To load apps - a wifi connection is also ok.

About the screen - please open a RMA by clicking on the service icon at this device in your list.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 20, 2018 05:27PM
Thank you. I have opened up a RMA.

I registered my radio by computer and VBar control manager. This does not affect future data updating in my radio ? The radio will still update via wifi from now on ?
October 21, 2018 02:40AM
I am still able to add apps via wifi.
October 22, 2018 09:06AM
Hi,

WiFi is the preferred (standard) way, actually. Many 'switchers' from classic VBC to VBCT are so used to the Manager they just fall back into the old ways grinning smiley but it's really only necessary in case of an emergency, or to update VBar NEOs a last time (or quicker than via WiFi), but for VBCT, you can leave your computer be.

Regarding the display, we can offer you send it back to MikadoUSA (quicker and probably cheaper than to send it back to Germany), to get the display replaced.
It may take a couple of days until they are ready, at MikadoUSA, read: to ship spare displays stateside, but in the meantime the use of the radio is not affected by the damage.

Please excuse the inconvenience: all displays are being checked here during manufacturing and initial setup, so even if they had a single pixel error, we would not pack and ship the radio in question.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2018 09:07AM by Eddi E. aus G..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login