Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEO PRO TO VBASIC

Posted by CRAPTOR 
NEO PRO TO VBASIC
October 14, 2018 10:01PM
Hello,
Can I go back to vbasic from a vbar neo pro?
I want to use a Bavarian Demon for my Vario chinook and the neo for RX so that I can use my vbar touch as transmitter.

Jo
Re: NEO PRO TO VBASIC
October 14, 2018 11:37PM
Why not use the Neo?

This should be the better solution.

Stephan
RV
October 15, 2018 07:23AM
Well - possible one VLink Neo of course - but you will loosse all helicopter switch relations etc.

I would set up the Chinook with Macrocells and the get also a "real" elevator movement than the simple one BD does in lack of channels ;-)

https://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?10,161129,161161#msg-161161

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 15, 2018 09:02AM
Hi,

+1

But you can of course do VBasic, only drawback would be, you would have to use macrocells to set up throttle curves (or lines), collective pitch curves, related to banks, linked to the bank switch and (for throttle) overridden with the motor switch and it's three positions (Off, Idle, Run, where Off is 0 %, Idle would be a sensible value and Run would enable the throttle lines).

The easier part are AUX channels, to set e.g. tail gyro gain.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 15, 2018 09:57PM
Hi,

So I'm slightly confused so let me explain a bit.

I've bought a Vario Chinook and with it came a Bavarian Demon as recommended by Vario. Now I'd love to use a VBar Neo instead of the Bavarian Demon but unfortunatly I'm very unknown to wide world of Macrocells in VBar transmitters. Also it's my first scale helicopter so I'm a bit more scared to do something that is not described somewhere.

I'm wondering if it is possible to provide a sample configuration for a Chinook-type helicopter for the VBar Neo? I've been unable to really find any information regarding things such as tail gain / agility for the tailheads(?).

If not I'll probably be using a VBar Neo as a receiver for my Bavarian Demon with their preset.

Regards,
Jo
RV
October 15, 2018 10:40PM
Hello Jo,

unfortunately we don't own such a heli. Of course such helis are always a bit experimental - and so please grab some servos, a NEO and get used with the Macrocells and their programming.

I have a setup from this chinook linked above - it may help you for some basic values. But as it is not checked/proven by us - just to get an idea how it could be done.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Attachments:
open | download - VBC Setup Datei + MC Datei.zip (801 bytes)
October 21, 2018 10:18PM
Hi all,

Thank you for the information you've given me regarding this.

I currently own a Bavarian Demon and I'd like to compare the actions of the VBar Neo with the Bavarian Demon.
However I do no longer own a VBar Basic and I only have my VBar transmitter. Is it possible to transform a VBar Neo Pro (with rescue) into a VBar Basic for testing purposes or is that not supported? I only view Plane/Quad Copter but no basic mode in the menu.

If it would be possible to go back to a Basic, would it also be possible to go back to the Neo Pro (without cost ofcourse).

Sincerely,
Jo
RV
October 21, 2018 10:43PM
It is possible if it is a VBar NEO of the latest generation with (VLink) added behind its name in the list here. Please check and post the serial number.

Anyway - i would go for macrocells ...

Rainer Vetter

October 21, 2018 10:50PM
It's serial number is 0020000196.
RV
October 22, 2018 11:17AM
This is a NEO from 1st Generation - i am sorry, the VBasic Firmware isn't available there.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2018 11:17AM by RV.
October 25, 2018 08:34PM
Hi,

So I've been experimenting with the you've uploaded and I've got a couple of questions which I've been unable to solve myself unfortunatly

- I'm unable to configure a pitch curve with the base menu of the VStabi transmitter, could it be this has to be done with MacroCells? Which is kind of weird since Cyclic calibration does work as normal.

- I'm guessing I can ignore the tail limits since I basically don't have a tail.

- I've also experimented based on the video's provided on https://www.vstabi.info/de/node/2213. I can get it work aswell as configure the pitch curve which I couldn't get to work on a 4 servo configuration. However I can't get it to steer properly now.

Sincerely,
Jo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login