Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar mini and castle esc

Posted by atomiccomp 
Vbar mini and castle esc
September 15, 2018 08:53PM
Hi,

I have a mini vbar setup to a vcontrol and have run through the setup.
The cyclic and tail appear setup however I cannot get my castle edge ESC to initialize.

On the Vcontrol I have set to external gov and then selected castle ESC in the ESC setup.

I have followed the instructions on the vstabi site; https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1977, however some of the screens shown on the site are on my vcontol. I cannot edit the end points or any other values on the esc setup.

Also i cannot find a wiring diagram for the vbar mini with vcontrol sat! So I used the diagram for spectrum satellites and have plugged the ESC into the RXb socket.

Can anyone help?!

Many thanks.
Re: Vbar mini and castle esc
September 16, 2018 12:09PM
Got it sorted, all working now.

For any other poor suckers (swap the s for a f) who might also struggle and waste hours of their time, I did the following;

Downloaded the VBar old Hardware Pro Parameters from apps-setup.

Once that was done I could then access the esc endpoints and change the low throttle points to allow my edge 80 esc to arm.
In addition to that I was unable to discover what the large 'Off' icon on the top left of the screen meant and there was no reference in the manual. i have now figured out it means motor is off.

the final hurdle was another switch 'security' was assigned to also stop the motor working!

So after many frustrating hours it all works perfectly.

I used to use an frsky Taranis radio with makes both the documentation and online support for the vcontrol appear to be from the dark ages. Perhaps Mikado might care to invest in some decent and detailed documentation that is easy to find?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login