Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting up retracts with vcontrol and Neo. Vplane

Posted by DaweMD 
Setting up retracts with vcontrol and Neo. Vplane
August 24, 2018 06:21AM
Guy’s I am looking at running a vplane configured Neo with my vcontrol radio but was wondering how to set up the retracts in the radio. I assume it goes with the macro cell setup but was looking for some setup info on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank You
Mike Dawe
RV
Re: Setting up retracts with vcontrol and Neo. Vplane
August 24, 2018 07:54AM
Hello Mike,

have you already seen my video about doorsequencer etc:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2173

Which kind of retracts is it? How many servos? Doors?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 24, 2018 04:31PM
There are 3 wheels but no doors. It is on a eflight 70mm edf viper. The front wheel is also a steering wheel, I am assuming that the steering part of that is connected to the rudder. I havn’t Got the plane yet just ordered it yesterday. I just wanted to get ahead of things a bit.

If something had to be set up in macrocells I was hoping for some instruction as I find them confusing. Which port in the Neo would the retract wire goto? Which Number macro cell would I have to use? It is going to come plug and play with eflites spektrum gyro but I would rather remove it and use the vplane.

Thanks
Mike

Thank You
Mike Dawe
RV
August 24, 2018 05:36PM
Okay - are all 3 wheels having one retract servo each or one in common or …
Having more than one servo - should they move together or in a defined order (main/front gears)?
Must the front wheel be in a defined position inside the bay?
Should the front wheel be stabilized?

I will do a example for sure - but need more Infos ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 24, 2018 11:52PM
Hey Rainer, to answer these questions I will have to wait for the plane or at least try to get the manual. Can’t say for sure. I would imagine the front wheel would have to be straight in order to retract properly, all three would have to come up and down at the same time and speed. I do believe each retract has a servo but not sure how they are connected.

Thank You
Mike Dawe
RV
August 25, 2018 10:26AM
OK - i have a example here for servos at retracts and moving all together up and down:

Description:

We use a cell with 3-Level as input from a switch you like. This cell has 3 positions but we set -100 and +100 (Gears up and down) to them.

Next Cell is a "general delay" cell for a allover delay. This cell is a channel cell driven by the 3-Level above. Set Delay to 5 and lower for effect.

Now we need one channel cell at a physical output for each used retract servo. These cells are driven by the delay cell above. Set up endpoints here for the retracts.

For the front wheel we need a trigger which engages the steering / keeps it in defined postion in the bay. Set up a trigger cell, input is the front retracts cell above, threshold must be set in the right value, we start with +50 to be sure the nose wheel is approx. down. Output is +100 / -100 then.

Now it is time to get a kind of a switch driven by the trigger above to switch between "steering" and "fixed". Use a Multiplexer Cell, driven by the trigger. Input cells are then 2 more ones ... output cell comes later

One of the Input cells (gear up, fixed) should be a "fixed Value" cell which defines the position inside the bay.

The other one is a Mixer cell to mix between "pure" stick input and flight control rudder, ratios can be set up as you like

The output cell for the Multiplexer above is a physical output cell, it is the steering servo cell

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 10:26AM by RV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login