Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autotrim

Posted by PMFH 
Autotrim
July 26, 2018 10:04AM
Morning Support,

I have a problem in that I cannot find the 'Autotrim' feature on my VBC.
I followed the manual, page 32 but i cannot see the feature.
I have the latest updates on both VBC and Neo, the Neo has Pro / Rescue.

With this same Neo in a previous post before purchasing the VBC, i was not able to put this unit into Autotrim.

Your help wuld be appreciated

Kind Regards,

Paul
Re: Autotrim
July 26, 2018 10:14AM
Hi Paul,

on the classic VBar Control, it would be in the Main Rotor Menu.
On a VBar Control Touch, it would be in the Flight Parameters Menu, as a separate entry.

Can you please post the serial no.s so I can check at our end?
And can you please post a screenshot of your menu, with the section open where it should be?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 26, 2018 10:54AM
Hi Eddi,

My VBC S/N is 10001868.

So I have spent the best part of an hour looking for this Autotrim, before submitting a post.
I had to install the screen app so obviously connected to internet etc.

Worked out how to use the screeshot tool, went to Main rotor as I have done previously and autotrim was there.
I am not blind, especially when i have read the manual and followed instructions and called someone to confirm where the setting was before posting.
I did not see this feature even when I was setting up my 500 and 550 when I first got the VBC, i will check again with these models.

just a little question, as i checked the manual, Attached is a screenshot of my main display, what does the 'N' on top of the i guess the wireless strength mean, please.

Regards,

Paul.

July 26, 2018 11:01AM
Hi Paul,

"N" is the nearfield detection if the transmitter is close to the receiver.

Stephan
July 26, 2018 11:06AM
Thank you.
I have come from a Futaba 14SG (which I still have and will use), so everything is new to me.

P.
July 26, 2018 11:10AM
Hi Paul,

don't get me wrong, no offense. I'm just trying to help.

With the radio and your VBars, all looks good.

If it's only on a specific VBar NEO, please try and create a new setup from scratch, to make sure all parameters are set to defaults.
Save your original setup so you can load it back into the unit, if there are any special settings you made and want to preserve.

i don't think it's an issue with the radio, if Autotrim shows for your other VBars.

You could also try and re-flash the NEO, downgrade to Express then back to Pro+Rescue. I have no feedback regarding such an issue yet, and it's hardly possible that the firmware was flashed with only one bit set wrong, but you never know.

Kindly let us know what you find.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 26, 2018 11:24AM
Eddi,
I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I did not want people to think I am not through and cry wolf!

This is the same Neo that RV thought i did not have + / - 100% on collective throw with a 14SG, which I did.
This is the title of the post. "Autotrim, cannot enable it on one of my Neo's"

I will check with my other Neos on the 500 and 550 to make sure Autotrim is viewable.
In the meantime I will downgrade then re upgrade this Neo.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Paul.
July 26, 2018 12:12PM
Hi,

strange thing.

I did not follow the original thread thoroughly, did not watch the videos.

I did just try and replicate it on the bench, T8FG, R6203SB, and I can enable Autotrim as advertised.
Watching the video I thought _maybe_ it's related to the motor switch position (Run in your case), or other switch positions, but it isn't, works always.

If you're at it, please be so kind and save and send the setup file, I'm curious if I can replicate anything here.
But it's never been reported yet, so I'm (like RV) not sure what to make of it.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login