Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gear ratio maxed out at 12.7 on a non mikado heli with scorpion

Posted by Bfarnden 
Gear ratio maxed out at 12.7 on a non mikado heli with scorpion
February 02, 2023 06:14AM
Hey everyone,

New to the forum, hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

I have been trying to switch over some old trex 600’s to Vbar with scorpion tribunus 06-120a esc’s that have a 1650kv motor with an 11t pinion and 170 main gear which works out to 15.45 gear ratio but when i choose a non mikado heli it maxes out at 12.7 ratio.

We did try and fool the system by choosing a mikado heli with a 15.38 ratio to get it close but after saving it and shutting down the system and re booting it, the ratio defaults back to a -10.38 ratio, which shows negative RPM’s!

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank in advance.
RV
Re: Gear ratio maxed out at 12.7 on a non mikado heli with scorpion
February 02, 2023 09:08AM
The limiot is 12.7 here.

If your gear ratio is more than 12.7 - just use double of your pole count and half of the gear ratio.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: Gear ratio maxed out at 12.7 on a non mikado heli with scorpion
February 03, 2023 04:09PM
Thanks Rainer,

looks like this worked, I will go and test fly it this weekend and sky tach it just to see how close it is to the RPM's on the Vcontrol but I think that fixed my issues.

cheers,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login