Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RC Input Packets Lost Error and Crash

Posted by trexian 
May 04, 2018 10:26AM
Hi

I am having the same issue with my 700xx, scorpion motor YEG160 ESC.
I have installed a anti static kit to the Tail belt just in case, however i suffered packet loss and fail safe yesterday. range check shows good and no voltage drops. i have swapped the v sat previously but this has not resolved the issue, done the insulation check on the motor and made sure the connectors don't touch any more ideas as i did not have this problem on spectrum sats before upgrading.

Ian
RV
May 04, 2018 10:58PM
Please describe more detailed. I have split the thread - we keep "one heli, one thread". The same issue might not have the same reason ...

Btw ... adding some photos and event log would be helpful ;-)

Wchich components, especially servo and power supply? Was a pitch pump test done? How is the range check result?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2018 10:59PM by RV.
May 07, 2018 08:53AM
Hi Ian,

the Spektrum sats were in different locations I guess, and a small difference might make a huge difference when it comes to that.

On the XX, it's uncommon though, with the carbon frames and aluminum parts, all more or less conducting at least in some places.

Otherwise, please give more info especially regarding the components and power supply to the r/c system, as well as the logs from that time, please.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 10, 2018 10:05AM
Hi

I will try and get the logs for you

Last night i was preparing for a bench test without the blades. with only the vbar powered all was well, as soon as i plugged the second lipo in powering the YGE 160HV one of the fets blew on the ESC, could the packet loss be due to a fault on the ESC or is this just an unfortunate coincidence?

Ian
May 10, 2018 10:09AM
Sorry forgot about the power supply.

Gryphon Hyper HV BEC Quasar set at 8V.
Scorpion HK-4525-520KV ultimate
YGE160HV no heat sink supplied with kit.
NEO pro rescue
V Sat.
May 10, 2018 10:26AM
Please see attached log files.

I have had to take a screen shot as the forum will not let me attach the Log file its self.

Ian

May 14, 2018 08:46AM
Hi,

it sounds like a problem with the power supply or the ESC in particular, after all. Electrical glitches can cause all sorts of interference (not radio interference) in the system, causing the electronics to hiccup, and if this in turn causes the receiver part to hiccup, it could explain the rest.

If everything works powered from a 2s LiPo, no issues, all is well so far.
If the issues come up once the motor is running, it's very likely that an issue is there.
Same, if you experience ESC shutdowns (with brief loss of control) in the air for example, and once the motor has stopped, everything is up and running again. Ways to narrow down the source of the problem.

How is everything wired, does the BEC connect to the full 12s (I assume it's 12s) or only to a half-pack?

We were using the YGE 160 (no heat sink or XXtreme Edition with heat sink), with a BEC connected to 12s or a 2s LiPo receiver pack, or a BEC and a buffer battery or caps, no issues, so in general there's no obvious cause for problems built into your setup.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 14, 2018 01:52PM
Hi Eddi

Thanks for the reply.

At present it is powered by a Gryphon Hyper HV BEC Quasar set at 8V powered by 6 of the 12s. for test purposes i have installed a secondhand YEP120 Somebody has lent me. so far on the bench there are no signs of any errors in the logs. my plan is to run the heli on the ground and monitor the logs, then do the same again in the hover. if this proves successful then it may be worth a full test flight.

What do you think?
May 15, 2018 08:51AM
Hi,

sounds OK. You can perform the so-called pitch pump test, too, means you ramp up the pitch pump parameter to max. and stress the power supply with a couple of quick collective pitch strokes. If there are no log file entries or even resets, the power supply can be assumed good.
Don't forget to dial down pitch pump again, or the next flight will be quite entertaining winking smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 15, 2018 01:38PM
Thanks Eddi i will give it a try
May 17, 2018 09:36AM
Hi Eddi

I tried the pitch pump test and all was ok with supply.

I managed a test flight last night and it happened again, when i am flying right way up i have no problems. However when i flip inverted the ESC cuts out as if i didn't have the throttle curve set to a v in the old system, the ESC then speeds up again and i am able to carry-on flying. I tried going full negative on the ground but could not repeat this, the heli just tried to push its self in to the ground.

Any idea what to check next?

Today i have changed a neo from my trex 800 and will see if that changes anything, although i am not hopeful.

Ian
May 17, 2018 10:21AM
Hi Ian,

does the ESC just stop and spool up again, or do you have similar log file entries again, or different ones?

I remember a customer who had issues in certain flight maneuvers, and we were (he actually was) able to pin it down to a damaged balancer wire, which was probably just dangling freely, and which did touch the carbon frames occasionally, causing a brief short circuit and subsequent hiccup.

It was on an 800 XX iirc ...

Actually the governor could cause suche a thing _if_ the basic throttle was set too low, but I doubt it (see https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2031).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 17, 2018 01:11PM
Hi Eddi

Here are the log files still showing Rc loss.

May 17, 2018 01:31PM
Hello Ian,

did we check the Antenna Status display already? If it was a bad sat ... we would be looking in the wrong place, all the time.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 17, 2018 04:25PM
Hi

The first thing i did was change the sat and The range checks have always been good.

why would it only loose signal inverted?

Ian
May 17, 2018 04:38PM
Hi Ian,

no reason for that, but I guess you fly higher or farther away, for safety reasons, or you might be in a situation where the chassis might partially mask the radio link of one or both antennae,, so you could be at the limit of the range, if the rx sat was bad.

I just want to cover all bases.

Same goes for almost everything else, it should not matter what flight situation you are in.

But if negative Gs pull on wires, connectors, whatever, they might touch other parts or areas of parts, and if the insulation was not OK in every way, this could cause the glitches we see.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 12, 2018 08:35AM
Hi

The problem appears to have been the BEC. I have changed to a hobbywing esc with built in BEC and no more problems.

Thanks for your help with this

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login