Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBasic, Macrocells, Flaps Setup

Posted by Freeskiken 
VBasic, Macrocells, Flaps Setup
November 20, 2017 05:54AM
I am just learning to setup my first plane with a VBasic receiver. I followed the tutorial video in how to setup flaps on my new Tundra plane. I used the example and set the travel to positive 120 in macrocells 9. But I don’t have enough travel to get the flaps to move enough. They move about 25 degrees for the first position and about 40 degrees for the second position. For channel 4 and aux 3 I tried increasing the min and max to 120 but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. If I change the min number from a negative number to a positive number the flap moves. But then when I move the option switch that flap will not move only the other flap that is programmed the original way. Please help.
RV
Re: VBasic, Macrocells, Flaps Setup
November 20, 2017 06:08AM
Could you please attach the vplane setup and the macrocells setup file (save to vbc, zip them togehter) - so i'll have a look.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 21, 2017 04:41AM
Hi Rainer

Enclosed are the files.

Thank you Ken
Attachments:
open | download - Tundra 2.zip (601 bytes)
RV
November 21, 2017 01:30PM
OK - Thanks.

we run into a general limit of the flap mixer here. Our Flap input works to both sides - so you can set the switch to -100 - 0 - +100 for complete servo throw (realign servo horns then).

But - in this configuration you can't add flaps to elevator (15 on ch1) because it works in both directions then.

If this is a key feature for you - there might be a way using longer flap servo horns - or - See attached image !!! we might try a 3-point curve cell on ch4 and Aux3 (overrides the flap mixer then) driven by Cell#9 in its current setting which can be used for elevator as it is.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 01:35PM by RV.

November 22, 2017 06:44AM
Hi Rainer

I watched some more of the macrocells training videos.

I set the 3 point curve up on new macrocells for channel 4 and aux 3. But my servos are moving the wrong direction. Point 5 on these new macro cells controls the amount of overall travel. What do I reverse to get the servo to reverse ? I can’t change the flap cell 9 limit and throw because we need a positive number for the maximum setting.

Thank you Ken
November 22, 2017 10:03AM
Hi Ken,

would inverting the curve do?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 23, 2017 06:31AM
I just composed a message and it blocked me as spam ?
November 23, 2017 06:34AM
Hi Eddi

I reversed the curves and it reversed the servos so they move in the correct direction now. I change the limit to 85 and the throw to 45 in cell 9 to get the correct amount of throw for the flaps. But the elevator is not compensating correctly. It compensates when the flaps are level. When the flaps are lowered the elevator moves to center. I tried a positive and a negative number for flaps in channel 1 and it changes the direction they move but they still do not compensate correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2017 06:36AM by Freeskiken.
November 23, 2017 07:04AM
Hi

Enclosed is the file.

Thanks Ken
Attachments:
open | download - VBasic Log.zip (668 bytes)
RV
November 23, 2017 08:56AM
Simple thing:

Set the switch for the flaps to 0 for NO Flaps position. I am pretty sure you don't have 0 there. It might be better not to set the swith in MC9.

The direction of the 2 other positions (+ or -) doesn't care as we can set it right with the curve (Flap servos) and the ch1 flap mixer presign (elevator).

I prefer set up MC9 as channel with -100 / 0 / 100 and use it only for delay. Then feed this MC with another one (e.g. MC20) where the 3-level is used, assign switch with 0 / 50 / 100. Then set up curves for equal throws and right directions as above in output cells. The over all throw is now completely controlled by the 3-level values. As last step use the Ch1 Mixer for the elevator add.

Rainer Vetter

November 24, 2017 06:03AM
Hi Rainer

I set it up like you prefer. With cell9 at -100 0 100. Then I set up cell27 to 3 level 0 50 100. Then cells aux3 and channel4 to curves. I had to reverse the curves again to get the correct servo travel direction.

This works for the switch and correct direction. I set cell 27 to 0 50 75 to get the travel correct. I was able to get the flaps to equalize in each switch position by changing one of the points in the cures. This works great.

But when I add delay in cell 9 it delays the signal for each position actuated. There is a delay from when you activate the switch to when the flaps move, then it moves fast, it doesn’t slow the speed of the motion of the flaps.

Also when I add a number in Channel 1 for elevator it moves the elevator on all switch positions. One direction in off position, level in the middle position, and the other way in third position.

Ken
November 24, 2017 06:09AM
Hi Rainer

I don’t have any experience with planes. Maybe this will work fine ?

I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me.

Ken
RV
November 24, 2017 07:48AM
Please attach both files - setup and MC. I think there is something wrong ... but can't see it now.

To clarify, i expect:

Switch in one endposition:
- Elevator as normal
- Flaps levelled with wing

Switch center
- Elevator moves in one direction a bit
- Flaps 50% set

Switch in other endposition
- Elevator moves in same dierecion as above a bit more
- Flaps 100% set

Rainer Vetter

November 26, 2017 02:28AM
Hi Rainer

Enclosed is the latest file.

Thank You

Ken
Attachments:
open | download - tundra log.zip (656 bytes)
RV
November 26, 2017 08:11AM
Ok - you missunderstood the processing chain, thats all.

Key is the right order and Input sources for each Cell like on a Excel sheet ;-) We always start with the switch which is input for delay. Then all others are using the "delayed" input. As the wing mixer has MC9 for input "Flap part" it is mandatory that MC9 is this delay cell and driven by another one with the switch. Also MC9 is now the source signal for the curves.

So the chain is:
MC27 (3 Level, input is switch OP2, 0 - 37 - 75) overall throw
MC9 (Channel, input is MC27, delay 2-5 , rest default) delay and master input for wing mixer
MC4 (Ch4, 5 point curve, Input is MC9) enables full servo throw, equalize servo differencies right/left here, curve shape is direction
MC8 (AUX3, 5 point curve, Input is MC9) enables full servo throw, equalize servo differencies right/left here, curve shape is direction
Wing Mixer Ch1 enter a value at "Flaps" (comes from MC9 result), presign is direction

Rainer Vetter

November 26, 2017 10:56PM
Thank you so much !!!!! That works great.

It has taught me some about macro cells. I need to learn more.

Thank you

Ken
RV
November 26, 2017 11:20PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login