Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clock issue

Posted by le_docteur 
Clock issue
October 20, 2017 10:11AM
Hello,

I have an issue with my brand new vbar control custom line neo green.
My clock is one hour back from my Mac.

I'm on Mac OS X High Sierra. My clock on this computer is automatically managed (time zone and sync) and is set correctly.
I also did the tip 16 from vbar control FAQ (delete the command file) but it didn't change anything.

Any idea what's going on ?

Kind regards,

André
Re: Clock issue
October 20, 2017 10:50AM
Hi André,

I'm on High Sierra, too, and also have the automatic settings (see attachments).

I found that it can be necessary to connect the VBar Control a second time (power down, close the VBar Control Manager, start over) at times, especially if there were updates the clock will possibly not be set properly at the same time.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

October 20, 2017 11:40AM
Hello Eddi,

Ok Thank you, we have the same setup.
I will check this evening.

Kind Regards,

André

Kind Regards,

André
October 20, 2017 05:59PM
I shutdown vbar control and vbar control manager + reboot mac os a couple of time and the clock is still one hour back sad smiley

Kind Regards,

André
October 23, 2017 09:21AM
Hi André,

unfortunately I can not see the images, even if I click the link.

Can you try on a different computer? It only requires the VBar Control Manager, nothing else, no driver for example.

VBar Control Manager takes the computer time, so there's probably something wrong, some other software interfering.

Does it change if you set the time zone settings manually?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 25, 2017 06:06PM
Hello,

I tried from another machine and I still have the same issue. My clock is still 1 hour back from the PC.
I checked everything on my Mac, also the time on the terminal.
If I tried to change the time manually, the time change on the vbar control but with 1 hour back.
For exemple, I tried to set 4h on my Mac, the vbar set 3, if I set 17, it set 16 and so on... sad smiley

Kind Regards,

André

PS : the picture was a signature from hosting pics, nothing about my issue ;-)

Kind Regards,

André
October 26, 2017 08:43AM
Hi André,

OK, then let's dig a little deeper, please try http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1664#16

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 26, 2017 10:08AM
Hi Eddi,

Sorry I already tried to delete the command file also a couple of time.
I did it also this morning with no success.
Regarding the available space on the remote control, I have 349.3MB left. Is it enough ?

Kind Regards,

André
October 26, 2017 11:10AM
Hi André,

there seems to be something wrong, if you really have 349 Megabytes free grinning smiley

Can you please post a screenshot like that (CMD+Shift+4, select the area on the screen you want to show)?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

October 26, 2017 11:39AM
ah ah ah yes something is wrong according to the screenshoot.
Now that you say it, I didn't realize !!!!

Capacity : 8.4MB
Available : 349.3MB.... ouah !!!

Kind Regards,

André

October 26, 2017 01:48PM
Hi André,

OK, then please make a backup (= copy) of the contents of the drive to your computer's hard disk, then format the internal disk (see Option 2 here http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1664#2).

Could be that the file allocation table is corrupted because of a power down or disconnection at an inconvenient time.

After the drive has been formatted, and VBar Control Manager has restored all the files and Apps, all should be well again.
You can then copy the contents of your VBar Control back and all is back to normal.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 26, 2017 02:18PM
Hi Eddi,

I tried backup my controller, formatting the volume and restore.
Still the same issue. :-( Now I have 1GB ! lol

Also, I installed a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and everything is OK, volume size, available space and time is set correctly.
So definitively maybe something wong on Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra. My build is 17A405. Also on my wife computer.
I will use this VM to keep my vbar on time. Or I will wait this weekend and daylight saving time this sunday to check ;-)

Kind Regards,

André

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2017 03:05PM by le_docteur.

October 27, 2017 08:48AM
Hi André,

I did the update to 17A405 yesterday, on my Macbook, and it still shows the correct disk space.

But the clock is set one hour back, too ... if I manually set the time one hour ahead, it stays at one our difference, minute and second are set exactly.

So you might be right ... I'll try, too, after the switch to standard time.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 08:48AM by Eddi E. aus G..
October 27, 2017 04:40PM
Hi Eddi,

Thank you, it confirms that the issue is from the last Mac OS X build.
Yes, we wait Sunday and we will see more where to investigate.

Kind Regards,

André
October 29, 2017 09:19AM
Hi Eddi,

This morning, my vbar control is on time using MacOS X.
So there is probably something wrong between MacOS X 10.13, daylight saving and vbar.

Kind Regards,

André

Kind Regards,

André
November 01, 2017 09:03AM
Hi André,

same here. I can only imagine that they made a change, so the hardware clock is running on a different time than the displayed time in the operating system. I'm not sure though what command the VBar Control Manager uses to get the computer's time, and if it would be possible to make a change.
I would guess it's always the simplest and most accurate command (on average, for all operating systems and computers).
And if operating systems or computers start to deviate from standards ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 01, 2017 08:38PM
Hi Eddi,

Or maybe it is a bug with this Mac OS Build and now that there is 10.13.1 (17B48), they corrected it !
I'm sure Mikado devs will find an answer ;-)

Kind Regards,

André

Kind Regards,

André
November 02, 2017 08:43AM
Hi André,

did you already update and try? I'll do it later, need my machine for work now grinning smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 02, 2017 04:51PM
Hi again,

I did update now, and the issue persists: if I set my date back to before daylight saving, the clock will be update with one hour offset again.

Wasn't the case before MacOS High Sierra, so I guess Apple must have changed something :-/

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 02, 2017 06:20PM
What about an app to set the clock manually in the VBar?

My Vbar clock is often running to fast or to slow.
I saw the same on the VBar Control from some of my collegues as well.
So from time to time I have to connect it to my PC for a sync.

For me an app to set the clock manually would be easier.
Or even better, solve the to fast/to slow clock issue completely somehow grinning smiley
November 03, 2017 07:51PM
Hi Eddi,

Have you try with the new update ? Now My vbar control is on time.
But as MrMajo said, there is also an issue of little shift between the computer and vbar.

Kind Regards,

André

Kind Regards,

André
November 06, 2017 08:44AM
Hi André,

yes I did, and now the time is spot on, but if I change the time like for daylight saving, there will be one hour offset again.

The clock in the radio is a computer clock and will always lead or rather lag a little bit, it's not a precision time piece, and not meant to be.

I can live with the offset that builds up, it's not too bad, and if I connect the radio to the computer from time to time it's OK, and even if not, for the purposes we have (logging) it's all well.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 02, 2018 10:00AM
Hello,

Issue came back after daylight saving time change in France.
Still one hour left. Will it be fix ?

André

Kind Regards,

André
April 02, 2018 09:48PM
hi,

I have the same issue with my iMac, i try with a windows PC, the clock change, great !
But after reopen VBC manager on my iMac my clock lost 1 hour.

Regards

Cyril
April 03, 2018 08:58AM
Hi Cyril,

I can not tell why, but macOS again seems to deliver wrong time information, same here.
Or maybe the handling of the time zone format is not right in the VBar Control Manager, but I doubt that, else it would also show the offset on Windows, it's the same software after all.
Until macOS Sierra, I was not experiencing issues either.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I guess we will have to look into it again ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 09, 2019 07:21PM
Hello,

This behavior is still occurring, do you have a solution or no ?
Thanks.

André

Kind Regards,

André
June 11, 2019 08:55AM
Hi André,

I'm afraid only Apple could, or so it seems. The only thing feasible would be adding an offset setting to the radio's menu, or making the clock manually adjustable, adding e.g. an offset automatically if a Mac is detected wouldn't work, because according to what I found during testing, in some time zones it's accurate, in others not.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 20, 2019 09:42AM
so why not make the clock manually adjustable?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login