Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vsim how to make this work?

Posted by Bart_Geldof 
Vsim how to make this work?
November 20, 2020 07:36PM
Hi all,

I bought Mikado Vsim, was a good idea to sim without a cable i thought.
Didn't know how to make this work so i asked in the store how and they say i have to buy a Mikado RX-Sat
So i did but nothing working with Phoenix RC Sim.
Than someone told me i have to buy NeXt sim, so i did but no not working..
Now i bought AccuRC sim and it still not working?

Last i heard is that i have to buy a separate USB dongle and than it would work..?

Why is there a Vsim but not a guide about how to and with what sim it works.?
And if you need 3 more items for it to work than sell it as a set and say "Great Vsim only 250 euro before it works"

Now i sim with cable and this works but a bit sad about the money spend for the Vsim.
RV
Re: Vsim how to make this work?
November 20, 2020 10:13PM
Hello Bart,

How did you connect everything?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 20, 2020 11:19PM
Yes i did connect all, but cant find it in the simulator.

Now i look on the internet and i find this (they say with this it works)
https://www.ercmarket.com/rx2sim-wireless-multi-simulator-adapter-usb2sys-rcwt300195.html

but why its not working like i bought it ?

RV
November 21, 2020 07:56AM
Hmmm ... this looks right here.

I'll go and search for my old phoenix to check later this weekend.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2020 07:56AM by RV.
November 21, 2020 06:30PM
The USB is for power. You'll need something like an RX2SIM to make it work. I've attached my setup. It works, but I'm not happy with it because it's missing channels. I can't do throttle hold/autorotation. Not all of the switches/pots seem to be carrying over. Perhaps Rainer can provide additional guidance.

RV
November 22, 2020 03:00PM
I use a Phoenix with the original dongle and the VSim.

the Original Dongle is connected to the Audio Jack (for Signal) and the Mini to USB (for Power).

My Settings see attached.

BUT - in your 1st image - the USB is connected to RXA which is a 3-i/o port. So it won't feed power there - use any other than RXA!

Rainer Vetter

November 23, 2020 09:17AM
Hi Bart,

tbh, rtfma—read the friendly manual again.

The power wire may remain on any port but RX A _but_ the signal wire (audio jack or to RX2Sim) must be connected to RX B.

RX2Sim is a good way for simulators which do not have their own (rather old school) dongle-interface (which connected to trainer jacks on rather old school radios), but which accept a USB controller.

Then, VSim outputs stick positions plus motor switch and bank switch (assign in simulator) plus the potentiometers afaik.

In most simulators, you can program it in a way so you can use motor off (for autorotation) and on, one or two head speeds (bank switch), which imo is OK for flight training.

It's simplistic, yes, but it works just fine as advertised.

If you want more, you can use VBar NEO VBasic as an interface, where you can program channels using macrocells, and where you can also select between different protocols, e.g. S.BUS, UDI, Spektrum, for the digital single line output AUX1.

VBasic has the receiver already built-in, and it can be used as a 9-channel receiver, too, or it can even be updated to be a full blown VBar NEO for helis, copters, planes.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

November 24, 2020 04:41PM
Thank you all,

Im now busy building 3 logo heli's i bought second-hand.
When i have time i am going to test it and let you know.

Greetings
Bart
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login