Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had to plug up my touch to computer and now dont get my images

Posted by stevin 
Had to plug up my touch to computer and now dont get my images
February 06, 2020 11:05AM
So yesterday at the field I plugged up a model and the screen went white and has options such as update, format etc. From what I understand this happens if you have a weak wifi signal however I only have 1 wifi stored and that's my home wifi. This is the first time this has happened in many trips to the field. Anyway I bring it home and eventually had to use a usb to plug into my PC. Although my models were still binded to the radio, all my switch assignments, user defined screens, settings and saved info was reset. After going through everything and getting it back to the way I had it, I started re-doing my user defined screens and when I add my own image it comes up BLANK. Here it is a day later and the pictures are still blank. My cloud is enabled in the radio and my cloud has all my pictures stored, I even tried reloading the pictures to the cloud and it made no difference, Is there something else I must do? also any idea why I had to re-format the radio and how can I avoid this in the future?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2020 11:09AM by stevin.
Re: Had to plug up my touch to computer and now dont get my images
February 06, 2020 11:23AM
Hi,

please create a service request at www.vstabi.info/devices so we can continue from there.

The cause is probably way back in the past, at some point probably a file system operation was interrupted, leaving a dent in the file allocation table.
Now very recently, the radio accessed the file system, e.g. writing log files, and overwrote something it shouldn't have. At the next time that memory was accessed, the original information was gone.

You can format the radio in the service screen, then update from there via WiFi.
Once that is done, we can start a Recovery from the cloud, which will bring back the last 10 flights per model as well as batteries and other bits and pieces.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 07, 2020 10:05AM
I just reformatted the disc and performed a start check, the radio is now rebooted. awaiting you to restore system app
February 07, 2020 10:57AM
See service case smiling smiley

Next iteration, update again, disable Cloud and Auto Off, let me know.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
February 09, 2020 06:52PM
Okay - sorry for delay. Please connect VBCt to WiFi, disable the cloud and auto off, wait 10 minutes, enable again - all done ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login