Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RX Voltage reading

Posted by cagen 
RX Voltage reading
August 05, 2019 10:04PM
Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased my first VController and had our club chairman help me set it up for my Trex 700N.
Everything looks ok but the RX Voltage is not showing the correct voltage.

I am using low voltage servos with a Gryphon Extreme Heli Regulator (see screenshot). The voltage is set correctly at 6.0v and using a tester from one of the ports on the regulator this shows the correct voltage.

Why does the VController show 5.1v (see screenshot) and where is the setting for this?

Many Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 10:04PM by cagen.

Re: RX Voltage reading
August 06, 2019 08:54AM
Hi,

what VBar is it?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
August 07, 2019 12:27AM
VBar NEO (Vlink) Blue

I thought I found the problem last night.
When I removed the previous throttle servo (Align DS 620) I had the voltage returned to the correct 6v.

I have since connected a different throttle servo (Align DS 610) but the voltage went back to 5.2v.
Even now when I remove the throttle servo (Align DS 610), the voltage stays at 5.2v.

There are only 2 servos connected directly to the VBar. The Throttle and the tail servos.
I've disconnected them both and still get 5.2v

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 12:49AM by cagen.
August 07, 2019 09:23AM
Hi,

I did just try, lab power supply set to 5.5 V, four HV servos connected, classic VBC shows 5.27 V (in the RC Voltage App), measured with digital volt meter on a free servo port, shows 5.33 V.
Disconnected the servos, VBC shows 5.45 V, again measured with a digital volt meter, shows 5.47 V.

So the servos even idling pull down the voltage a bit, which is to be expected ... and the values, by comparison, are in the ballpark.

So when you did measure to verify, did you measure with everything connected, or just at the regulator?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login