Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEO and 6.0 software on a MAC

Posted by mpolzin 
NEO and 6.0 software on a MAC
December 24, 2018 04:51AM
I have tried to get the VBar NEO 6.3 software to work on my MAC. It works fine on my windows computer. I loaded the software and drivers. I even tired to load the drivers in safe boot mode after deleting the drivers. I went in to security and allowed the software to load correctly. I get the software to start with NEO connected but off. When I turn on the NEO a message pops up saying I need a new key file. I have download the key file and copied to the package contents to the folder that say copy key file here. The name of the file is "keys.sto". it does not have a version number on it.

It is a 1 year old MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.2

HELP!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 05:09AM by mpolzin.
Re: NEO and 6.0 software on a MAC
December 28, 2018 02:52PM
Hi,

well, if the software connects (USB green), it is installed properly (including drivers). Check.

Now if it keeps asking for a key file, please make sure your VBar NEO is registered to your account and only then download the keys.sto file.
If you do multiple downloads, the file will be numbered, but the software can only detect the actual file name keys.sto.
So if in doubt, delete all key files in your downloads folder and inside the VBar NEO App and start over.

The key file is like a key chain, it can contain many units (always all the units registered to your account, at the time of the download).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login