Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sierra OS help

Posted by jasoncook 
Sierra OS help
October 14, 2016 01:17PM
Hi I am having problems with next sim and my v bar control and the curser going to the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The problem is only with the Sierra OS .I have contacted Next and they are suggesting its a vbar control issue Thanks Jason
Re: Sierra OS help
October 17, 2016 12:24PM
Hi Jason,

we are looking into it, I have the same issue on my MBA with Sierra.

Problem is, the VBar Control is behaving as a standard HID (Joystick) device when in Sim mode, recognised by the OS without the necessity of a specific driver. I am not sure yet why, but it seems like Sierra compared to earlier versions seems to take the input for a mouse pointer input (or maybe is mixing up things).

I'll post once we have news.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 18, 2016 05:15PM
Same issue on my MBPro.

Looks like some additional Work for Edi...

Thanks in advance,
Lars
October 19, 2016 09:11AM
Hi,

I've been looking into it some more, and it seems as if Sierra is no longer properly detecting the USB HID Joystick device.

I have an other device (XBox Controller) where the same error messages occur on system level upon connection, but since that has a preference panel installed in System Settings and at that time probably also installed a proprietary driver, it works once the driver picked it up.

You find very little if you google the issue, but it seems like a couple of mice (Logitech, Razor, others) and also external storage devices seem to suffer the same, at times, since Sierra.

The purpose of not having a proprietary driver is not having an other piece of software to install, like for mice, keyboards, thumb drives, to simply have it plug and play.

I hope that this issue will be fixed by Apple soon (in 10.12.1 beta 4 it still persists).

Intriguingly, Win 10 Anniversary update seemed to have a similar problem, where mainly external storage devices were no longer detected after the update. Some people even re-formatted drives, deleting photos, documents irretrievably, just because of a bug in the USB subsystem.
This also affected our products, since VBar Control and VBar NEO pop up as thumb drives (without the requirement of a proprietary driver) in the operating system, for updates.

I am curious how this turns out, of course we will look into it what we can possibly do at our end.
In the meantime, I can only recommend to use a Sim in BootCamp, or use the VSim wireless device.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 19, 2016 12:41PM
Was about to install macOS Sierra but now I'm holding back the update until Apple provides a fix… do they already know about the bug/have a ticket for it?

Cheers,
Oliver
October 19, 2016 04:35PM
Hi Oliver,

I am in the public beta program, and I will report it. I just doubt they will react, it's a very specific issue and as long as the (hardly existent) gamer community (not much gamers on Macs) does not cry out ...

For example, I still have a Mail issue with an Exchange Server which has never been addressed, not in El Cap, not in Sierra.

By the way, in the meantime I found out that HID devices usually use generic drivers (on Windows as well), and that you define by the class or whatever of the USB device what it's supposed to be, and in case of a Joystick what it can do, like 4 axis 3 switches/6 buttons, and the OS by means of that generic driver provides the communicated functionality to Apps, where you then have to assign and calibrate (or select a preset for your type of Joystick).

So the way we do it is as generic as it could be, to make it work as simply as possible.

This routine is part of the radio firmware, which has not been updated for a very long time, only the Apps have evolved.
So an assumption that this has happened with one of the latest updates is also simply wrong, no changes have been made at our end.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 19, 2016 08:17PM
> I am in the public beta program, and I will report
> it. I just doubt they will react, it's a very
> specific issue and as long as the (hardly
> existent) gamer community (not much gamers on
> Macs) does not cry out ...

I'm willing to cry at the top of my lungs if this is what's needed winking smiley

> For example, I still have a Mail issue with an
> Exchange Server which has never been addressed,
> not in El Cap, not in Sierra.

That's rather disappointing indeed.

> By the way, in the meantime I found out that HID
> devices usually use generic drivers (on Windows as
> well), and that you define by the class or
> whatever of the USB device what it's supposed to
> be, and in case of a Joystick what it can do, like
> 4 axis 3 switches/6 buttons, and the OS by means
> of that generic driver provides the communicated
> functionality to Apps, where you then have to
> assign and calibrate (or select a preset for your
> type of Joystick).
>
> So the way we do it is as generic as it could be,
> to make it work as simply as possible.
>
> This routine is part of the radio firmware, which
> has not been updated for a very long time, only
> the Apps have evolved.
> So an assumption that this has happened with one
> of the latest updates is also simply wrong, no
> changes have been made at our end.

Thanks for your explanation! And no worries, I wasn't pinning it on the VBC at all smileys with beer Apple does have a reputation of suddenly dropping support for what they deem "legacy" devices. Not sure whether that's what's happening to those USB devices or whether it's just an ordinary bug at their end… Anyway, let us know if and how we fellow Mac users can help make Apple hear the problem winking smiley

Cheers,
Oliver
December 07, 2016 12:21PM
Hello to everyone!

I really would like to use my VBar for the siom as it is freezing cold in Austria at the moment.

Further I am waiting for the shipping of the Compass Exo, so no real helis to fly.

Is there any update at this moment? Would be lovely to see any progress..
December 07, 2016 04:35PM
Hi,

I'm afraid not, and the latest beta of Sierra does still not detect VBar Control properly (again).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 09, 2016 09:00AM
Hmhmh that sounds bad. Is there any work around I could think about if this continues?

Many thanks and happy holidays!

Sebastian
December 09, 2016 10:15AM
Hi Sebastian,

we are working on it, and it seems like we have a solution which we can provide in the near future.

Fingers crossed smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 09, 2016 08:16PM
Fingers crossed as well smiling smiley

Have a lovely 3rd Advent weekend ahead
December 10, 2016 05:25AM
My old MacBook Pro 2009 died suddenly so I was forced into buying a new computer yesterday. My new MBP will not allow me to install V-bar Control Manager or use the NeXt simulator.
December 10, 2016 05:28AM
What is interesting is that the Flight Analyzer software written by Linus is working fine with the Control Tx. I am able to download and save the flight data.

Also, the Tx shows up on my desktop as a usb drive. I can access the vibration data, screen shots, customizable screens, etc.
December 12, 2016 08:49AM
Hi,

for the VBar Control Manager (all VBar NEO Software), please see the readme file which comes with the download. You have to temporarily disable the security settings of macOS to 'install' or start the software the first time, then you can set it back to defaults.

Regarding use with USB and simulator, stay tuned, I am pretty sure that we will have something soon.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Mac
December 13, 2016 07:46PM
Hallo Zusammen!

Ich habe jetzt leider keinen Eintrag auf Deutsch zu diesem Thema gefunden... könnt mich ja gerne verschieben wenn es einen passenden gibt.

soweit ich es richtig verstanden habe. Selbes Problem sobald ich die VBC an meinem MacBook 12 oder MacBook Air anschließe auf USB modus Simulator gehe Wander der Zeiger am Monitor in die rechte untere ecke und nichts geht mehr ;-)

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.1 / VBC Manager 1.3.4 / 6.3 + die aktuellen Treiber.

Leide konnte ich den englischen Text nicht ganz verstehen. Das Problem ist Sierra....und wir warten auf ein update von Apple und hoffen das dieses Problem behoben wird. Ist das i grossen und ganzen richtig oder kann ich was unternehmen?

grüße!
December 14, 2016 08:40AM
Hi,

im großen-ganzen richtig. Aber wir arbeiten unabhängig davon an einer Lösung, so dass der (eigentlich richtige bzw. seither und auf anderen Systemen/Betriebssystemen immernoch funktionierende) USB Header wieder richtig erkannt wird.

Treiber ist übrigens für USB-Sim nicht nötig, da wird auf den generischen HID Treiber des Betriebssystems gesetzt ... und da liegt vermutlich der Hund in der Pfanne begraben.

Grüßle

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login