Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scorpion Commander and neo telemetry

Posted by a3chy6 
Scorpion Commander and neo telemetry
August 03, 2018 12:44PM
Hi there,

I'm an begginer in the Mikado world. I've juste receive my VbarControl and my first Vbar Neo.

I need some informations to use the governor integrated in the Vbar Neo.
i have read that is possible to connect my ESC (Scorpion Commander 59V 160 HV SBEC) to my fresch new Vbar Neo.

So my question is :

Can i use a standard servo wire to do that ?

On many forum, i see that the scorpion opto cable is required to connect with the Mini Vbar (sensor input limited at 5V), but a simple cable work with the regular Vbar.

I dont know what i can do with the Neo, and i haven't see anything about that.

Thanks a lot, Hervé
RV
Re: Scorpion Commander and neo telemetry
August 03, 2018 01:11PM
Quote:
On many forum, i see that the scorpion opto cable is required to connect with the Mini Vbar (sensor input limited at 5V), but a simple cable work with the regular Vbar.

Simply wrong. On OLD devices (no matter full or mini!) the ingoing pulse amplitude voltage is limited to 5V there. Otherwise the processor input can be damaged.

On a NEO you can use a higher voltage (8.4V), but i don't know how much comes from this ESC, maybe you have to ask Scorpion or measure with a scope.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 03, 2018 08:09PM
Many thanks for the reply.

I will ask scorpion to have this information.

An other question :

Are the recommended settings for old vbar with scorpion ESC also right with new product ?

- Timing 5°
- Acceleration 0,15s

- Throttle min -100 % / max +100 %
- Governor gain 40 %
- Collective add 40 %
- Cyclic add 15 %
- Collective dynamic 15 %

Best Regards, Hervé.
RV
August 04, 2018 04:28AM
Yep - this values haven't been changed.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 11, 2018 08:06PM
Hi,

I have asked Scorpion, and the opto cable are necessary to use the RPM port on all Mikado product.
So i have order the cable and mounted today on my Sport Goblin 700.

I have this setup : Scorpion HKII-4235 630 kv motor, 20T pignon (10.7:1 ratio), with 12S Lipo.
I cannot use the regulator under 2000 rpm (but 1800 is entered on the vbar control). So i think i need to use a smallest pignon.

I hope use the bank 1 for 1800 rpm headspead, the bank 2 for 2100 rpm and the last for 2400 rpm.

Can you tell me what are the % of gaz where the gouvenor is working ?

Best Regards, Hervé.
RV
August 11, 2018 08:21PM
The percentage is set up as "Min Limit" in Gov Expert for this ;-)

But - don't set too low, the ESC will overheat in this conditions with a overgeared model!

Rainer Vetter

August 17, 2018 01:49PM
Hallo Hervé,

just a remark about that Scorpion-ESC: the number 5 is not a value for the timing in degrees.

The number 5 stands for a timing of 25°. In my opinion perhaps a little bit too much for a 10-pole engine.

I would start with 15° (number 3). The next step is 20° (number 4).

Here is a link to a Scorpion-manual: Manual Scorpion Commander

You can find the values at page 4.

Gruß, Wolfram
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login