Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easier flight timer option please.

Posted by Rctintin 
Easier flight timer option please.
April 20, 2018 01:24PM
Hi all,

Is there any way we can have a much quicker and easier way to reset the flight timer please?

I know this has been asked for before, but for nitro heli pilots, its very useful. Yesterday i did 10 flights back to back testing a new heli, and theres no need for me to take the canopy off, and unplug the power when i just want to refuel and fly again.

With the new VCT on its way, it would be so much easier for this to be a simple tile on the screen that you can touch to reset the timer. On my Futaba 18MZ i was able to assign a spare switch (i used the press button rotary switch in the centre) so i could just press that and my timer reset to my desired flight time.

I also understand that the F3c pilots woukd benifit from this, as they have a set time for manoeuvres, so being able to flick a switch yo reset mid flight woukd help them as well.

Seeing as i’ll be using my VCT for all flying, inc gliders, i’ll be selling my 18MZ now. Theres another discipline called LMR flying. This is Limited Motor Run, and involves flying a glider for say 30secs under power, then you have to spot land as close to 10mins as you can. Again, a resettable timer is required for that.

Thankyou, Rob.
Re: Easier flight timer option please.
April 20, 2018 03:23PM
Totally agree Rob.

Extending the existing timer app to use a 3-way switch for run/stop/reset would be ideal for pilots who have to practice routines to a fixed time, such as F3N freestyle or Global 3D freestyle.

Currently I have to use a mobile phone running a timer app connected to a bluetooth speaker. It's a hassle as I have to carry the phone/speaker and I have to look away from the heli to start/reset.

Thanks
Rich
RV
April 20, 2018 10:06PM
On the list - i would call it "Laptimer" or so. just a usual Stopwatch ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 20, 2018 11:37PM
Whatever it is, it’s ease of resetting it please.

As my post says, it’s for nitro Heli flights I need it. Time is often short for me, so nipping to the field, and getting 5-6 flights back to back, I only need to refuel and start the motor and off out flying again. So just need an easier option to reset timer with a switch or tab on the VCT.
April 22, 2018 10:32PM
Definitely require this upgrade to the timer app
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login