Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VControl/Neo Pro & Kosmik 200 ESC Ext. Governor Setup Issues

Posted by GeneG 
VControl/Neo Pro & Kosmik 200 ESC Ext. Governor Setup Issues
January 17, 2018 03:05AM
I'm not sure if this is the proper section to ask.....

I have a new Logo 700.....and am using a Vcontrol Tx with Neo Pro and a Kosmik 200 ESC....with the Mikado "Telme" module.

Have the Vcontrol loaded with the Logo 700 parameters, bound to the NEO, and the swash/tail is operating properly.

I have successfully upgraded the Kosmik firmware to V4.10.....and am able to use the Kontronik "K-Konfig" to set the Kosmik SBEC output voltage to 8V....and have also selected "Ext Gov" using the K-Konfig.

Meaning, I want to use the internal Kosmik ESC governor.

My problem is that the Scorpion motor(came with the Logo 700 "bundle" from Mikado USA) doesn't spool up.

Just to add, I have the Kosmik Master Sbec output connected to the NEO ESC port, the Slave Sbec output connected to the NEO "Ch 4" port, and a Gensace 2S LiPo buffer battery connected to the NEO "AUX 3" port via a heavy duty "on/off" switch.

In addition, I have the Telme module "blue" cable connected to a Kosmik sensor port....and the other Telme cable connected to the NEO "TELE 1" port on the side of the NEO.

Hopefully, I have the cabling correct.

I can see on the VControl TX that the Kosmik Sbec is outputting 8V now.....rather than the default 5.6V....and have selected GOV ON in the Kosmik "Konfig" menu....in addition to the 8V Sbec output and have "saved" these settings to the Kosmik.

I attempted to setup the Kosmik in the Vcontrol TX.....by "loading" the Kosmik settings in the VControl ESC "Setup Wizard", but something's wrong......as when I try to set Mode 4, I don't think the Kosmik recognizes the throttle stick movement.

I am used to using a JR12X Tx in which, when I hit the Kosmik "press" button, I wait for a "beep" and move the throttle stick from low to hi at the 4th beep(Mode 4)....and then back to low....and it's done.....lol

With the VControl and Neo, I guess I'm totally lost......as this is my 1st VControl/Neo setup.

Could you post a setup "procedure" listing all the necessary steps.....in order from "a to z"....in a cookbook fashion?

Many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 03:06AM by GeneG.
Re: VControl/Neo Pro & Kosmik 200 ESC Ext. Governor Setup Issues
January 17, 2018 05:38AM
Oops.....in trying to make my wiring harness cable neat and tidy, I accidently had the
Master and Slave cable to the Kosmik Sbec reversed.

At least that was easy to correct.

Now when first programming Mode 1(APM Reset), followed by Mode 4(Heli), the Kosmik responds
to raising and lowering the throttle stick to set and confirm proper programming....with the beeps.

In addition, the motor spools up....lol

Now all I have to do is set the governor curves(flat) and to confirm the "Telme" telemetry
is functioning correctly.

I did have to reset the Sbec voltage output to 8V and to reverse motor rotation direction after
I performed the APM reset as described above.

If you have any feedback on the wiring as described in my original post, please let me know.

It's not obvious which sensor port on the Kosmik is best, nor which TELE port on the NEO is best....
for the Telme unit.

Or if it's OK to use NEO Ch 4 port for the SBEC slave and NEO AUX3 port for the 2S LiPo buffer
battery.

Thanks for any help.....cheers
RV
January 17, 2018 06:04AM
The "flat" governor curves are integrated in VBC/NEO - it is just one value each bank in this gov mode ;-)

The wiring -Where to put Slave and external power doesn't care as lon as it is not the "Sensor" or one of the "TELE" sockets ;-)

ESC Master to ESC is correct - and to which "TELE" port the TelMe goes ... throw a coin ;-) The regarding TelMe port at the ESC - as long as data are delivered everything is well.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 17, 2018 07:11AM
Thanks, RV

I'll try to "muddle" through Telme data verification.....not exactly what to look for on
my VControl Tx......hopefully it's there somewhere.....upgraded to the NEO Pro w/Rescue.

And downloaded all the relevant apps from the VStabi site.

I set the ESC via the "bank" switch to 60%, 70%, and 80% for the Kosmik "curves".

The throttle hold, AR, and "run" switch works on the switch just above the cyclic stick,
so I can just "flick" that switch to AR for landing without taking my hand off the cyclic.

I also got a 700XX CF boom and converted it to the 700 boom(25mm shorter with slots)
to use on this Logo 700 and got the lighter main battery trays....to make up for the extra
weight of the Kool Kosmik ESC.

Will see what happens....smiling smiley
RV
January 17, 2018 07:42AM
To keep it simple ... if a Kontronik TelMe is detected (see icon on top of VBC Display) all is well. (Kontronik App must be installed on VBC ...)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 25, 2018 06:04AM
All telemetry is functioning as advertised....really nice.

Logo 700 flies really nice, too.

Had to reverse the direction of my throttle hold switch, as I tended to accidently
activate TH in the middle of some maneuvers.....yikes!

But, the AR bailout on the Kosmik 200 works great....LOL

My only gripe is that the Logo 700 canopy fits poorly compared
to my other Logo canopies.....paint job is nice, it's just the fit
with the canopy magnets at the rear.

Are extra canopy rubber grommets available?
RV
January 25, 2018 07:45AM
Ok - well done ;-)

about the grommets - i don't know but best would be to ask service (at) mikado-heli.de with a short mail.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login