Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Scorpion Governor Screen

Posted by Freeskiken 
No Scorpion Governor Screen
December 29, 2016 07:03AM
Hi,

I have a new Scorpion Tribunus 120 6S ESC. I have updated the firmware to 40 . I have loaded the Scorpion app. I have the master hooked to the ESC port, Slave (yellow) hooked to the RPM, and the telemetry cable I made hooked up to the 1st. telemetry port on the Neo. I made the cable the way it showed on the Scorpion blog page.

When I go to the governor setup I do not get the screen for the Scorpion setup. I don't get the scorpion symbol on the main screen of the VControl. I have the telmetry cable hooked up. I had a Hobbywing 100A V3 hooked up before. Do I have to start a new setup ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ken
RV
Re: No Scorpion Governor Screen
December 29, 2016 07:36AM
Is the VBar connectionm enabled in Scorpion PC Software? (Should be autodetect - but better safe...)

If yes - re-check the Telemetery cable orienatation in ESC (i had mine wrong for first try too).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2016 07:37AM by RV.
January 02, 2017 11:07PM
Hi Rainer

Thank you. That worked. I opened the scorpion software connected the ESC and changed the communication to VBar. I changed it to VBar for the governor but then the VControl wouldn't automatically setup the ESC. So I went back and changed it to airplane mode, saved it. Then when I went back to program the ESC from the VControl it went through the automatic setup process.

I haven't tested it in the air yet but seems good on the bench. I have never used a external governor. When I tested it on the bench as I increase the throttle the RPM increases and then decreases slowly to the set RPM is this correct ?
RV
January 03, 2017 10:59PM
All good.

If the automatic process won't change anything - it was already set up right ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 04, 2017 02:18PM
I didn't think it was setup right. I have never setup a VBar governor. I wanted it to go through the auto setup. So that's why I changed it to airplane saved the settings then went to the governor setup screen on the VControl. Then it worked. Thank you.
January 10, 2017 03:27AM
Hallo Rainer,

Just as an in improvement.

I spent the whole last night on the setup. The issue was I didn't switch on 'Communication protocol' in the Scorpion Software to 'VBAR'.

Maybe on that page http://www.vstabi.info/en/sc it should mention that you need to set with the ESC Software the 'Communication protocol' to VBAR otherwise VControl is not recognizing the ESC.

Regards,
Marco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 03:28AM by MarcoSc.
RV
January 10, 2017 05:38AM
Hello Marco,

thanks - i have added this tiny, important step ;-)

Rainer Vetter

January 10, 2017 06:25AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login