Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neo loose internals?

Posted by tonystevens 
Neo loose internals?
April 17, 2016 10:03PM
Been hunting the scource of a drifting and tail kicking problem for the last couple of weeks with no success until today i noticed that the internals of my neo had become loose inside the case which would explain the erratic behaviour of my heli.
There is nothing obvious fixing the internals in place like the screws in the blue and silverline vbars.
Also noticed that one of the plastic lugs/clips that holds the top of the case in place has broken so needs a new case.
Are replacement cases available for the neo yet, not seen any in the shops, And how are the internals fixed into place as its unflyable as it is now.

cheers Tony
Re: Neo loose internals?
April 17, 2016 11:02PM
Usually the fit is tight, so it shall not be loose.

If the case is broken as you mention, contact mikado service to get a new one. Question is why this happened, usually it is a effect of some sort of impact or external forces. This may have affected the sensors as well, so be careful and test everything in the new case.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
April 17, 2016 11:24PM
ulrich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Usually the fit is tight, so it shall not be
> loose.
>
> If the case is broken as you mention, contact
> mikado service to get a new one. Question is why
> this happened, usually it is a effect of some sort
> of impact or external forces. This may have
> affected the sensors as well, so be careful and
> test everything in the new case.

Thanks Uli, for the record this unit has never seen any kind of bump or crash and was flying perfectly up until a couple of weekends ago.
April 18, 2016 08:35AM
Hi Tony,

since the NEO's top case is only clipped onto the bottom case with the four clips, handling the VBar a little roughly when e.g. removing it from a gyro tape could harm the clips if you e.g. grab it only at the top and twist or wiggle it.

We have spare cases available in our online shop, and dealers will have them available soon, too.
If you did already e-mail us or file an RMA, please be a little more patient and we will come back to you.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 19, 2016 01:29PM
Hi Eddi, i have ordered a replacement case from the webshop thanks. The reason my internals were loose was because the backing hadn't been removed from the double sided tape thats used to keep it all in place at the factory so hopefully problem is now solved!

cheers Tony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 01:30PM by tonystevens.
May 17, 2016 07:32PM
so i sent this unit in to be checked out and now the brand new neo i bought to replace this damaged one has shown the same drifting problems after about ten flights, internals are moving around in the case on this unit too! Took the case apart and same as the other unit the foam tape still had the backing paper on. Ive removed the backing and put it all back together and drifting gone.
is it normal that the double sided foam tape on the bottom of the internals still has the backing paper on or is this a quality control problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 07:34PM by tonystevens.
May 18, 2016 09:39AM
Hi,

the backing is not removed. The tape is a simple means to support the board a little, with a little dampening.
You are one of two or three customers experiencing this issue, and the first repeater :-/

If it does the trick, to remove the backing so it sticks to the pc board, all the better. I will forward this piece of information, of course.

Could be that this is especially relevant on nitros (700N it was for you, right?).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 20, 2016 04:53PM
Hi Tony (and everybody reading this),

I have received your unit and found out the hard way what you did: you removed the backing paper of the tape only used as a dampening/support, so the receiver board now was firmly taped to the case.
This makes the electronics irremovable from the case without danger of ripping the receiver board off the main board (which I finally did, although I _was_ careful because I saw it coming).

So please _never_ do that as a solution. We must consider a device 'warranty rendered void' because of this modification, we are deprived of the means to non-destructively service a VBar NEO :-/

If you find you have to fix a main board that has developed play, rather do it with a drop of hot glue on the top side, then re-mount the top of the case.

Tony, we will proceed in the service case.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2016 04:54PM by Eddi E. aus G..
June 18, 2018 07:09PM
HI,

I have a NEO with the internales loose ( just a little )..the plastic lugs/clips that holds the top of the case are in perfect
condition. If i connect the servos and use Futaba servo plug ... the internales of the NEO are solid no movement.

I'm not sure if it's safe to fly in those conditions.

Thanks in advance
June 19, 2018 08:45AM
Hi,

the main board should not move inside the case. If the servo connectors give it enough hold, all should be well, but if the main board can oscillate-resonate-swing inside, you would have unwanted movement and sensor reading, which could lead to drift.

I would recommend you get a new—current—case, there have been made slight adjustments to even better hold the main board even if production tolerances add up.

How old is this VBar? Did it have any mishaps in the past? You can send the serial no. to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de so I can check.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 20, 2018 03:33PM
The Vbar comes with the case V1 . i have ordered a replacement case .

Do you have a video or tutorial of how remove the "old" case without damage the internales.

Or it's a easy job?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2018 04:02PM by msallua.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login