Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more information about setup of rescue function?

Posted by cudaboy_71 
more information about setup of rescue function?
December 08, 2015 12:59AM
I have just got rescue set up on my neovlink. It seems to be working on the bench in a basic fashion.

But, I have not been able to find any videos or manual for two items:

1. -Rescue/ Level Calibration

In the calibration menu I have performed the 'Calibrate Horizontal Position'. But, how is the 2nd step 'Set Hover Offsets' performed? There is no instruction. Is it performed automatically during flight? Or does the pilot need to return to this screen and do something while hovering?

2. -Rescue/ Settings

There is not much detail about the 2nd and 3rd features. I have assigned a switch, which works. But, what is 'Beginner'? What is 'Beginner + Rescue'?

What does collective value after Rescue mean? What does the value represent?

What does 'throw value' in beginner mean? What does the value represent?

If there is a video or PDF or other page that explains these, plus other pro functions not listed in the manual, please share them. I have been unable to find any.

Thanks.
Re: more information about setup of rescue function?
December 08, 2015 02:10AM
It took some more searching, but I finally found this page:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1930

I think this is the information I was missing. I do wish all the information could be in one place. I have to read the paper manual, watch youtube videos, and search all over this site in order to find all the information to complete a setup.
December 08, 2015 08:26AM
These are the relevant informations. Check it out while flying, it is easy to use.

Stephan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 08:28AM by Fingolf.
December 16, 2015 10:56AM
Hi Guys, I'm trying to setup the heli for hover in "beginner" (stabilized) mode, for training a new RC heli pilot. Due to the torque and forces on the heli when in a hover, it is drifting to the left when in hover and "beginner" mode. I see the menu option for "Set Hover Offsets" in the rescue level calibration menu, but I'm not sure how to use this option or how to set the hover offset. Have looked at the URL listed above, and it doesn' give any info on how to set the hover offset.

(1) Could someone please give an explanation of how to use this feature and how to set the hover offset.??

(2) Will hover offset give the heli a more stationary hover in beginner mode, and how do you set it..???

(3) Will hover offset not effect the rescue mode operation, which is calibrated on a level surface..???

Many thanks..

Mark R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 10:56AM by wizza.
December 16, 2015 11:04AM
Hi Mark,

(1) only works with VBar Control obviously, must be done in flight. Just open up the dialog, bring the heli into a stationary hover, click the EDS dial.

(2) yes, and see (1)

(3) no

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 16, 2015 12:30PM
Hi Eddi,

Just confirming, bring the Heli into hover with beginner/stabilised mode "off" and then click the EDS dial while on the hover offset option...? Ie, don't be "in" hover/stablised mode when we do this hover offset calibration..?

Many thanks....

Mark R
December 16, 2015 01:08PM
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure actually, but the option is available both in normal flight mode and in beginner mode, so I would guess you can also set it in normal flight mode, where it's easier to keep the model stationary (stabilized by the VBar) and press the dial.

Just try and see smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login