Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cyclic Ring (limiter) for TX

Posted by 3D Dave 
Cyclic Ring (limiter) for TX
May 27, 2015 04:28AM
Does anyone know if there is a cyclic ring that will fit the VBar control? I previously read who actually made part of the radio but can't remember who it was. Was it Airtronics?

Here's what I'm looking for:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2015 04:28AM by 3D Dave.

Re: Cyclic Ring (limiter) for TX
May 27, 2015 08:56AM
There are still people using that? Cool smiling smiley

When I wanted to try one in the past, I used dividers, a pencil, a jigsaw and sand paper and a varnish, to make one fit my radio then (from plywood in that case) grinning smiley

I am not aware of any supplier who makes those for VBar Control.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 28, 2015 06:00AM
I was hoping that the transmitter case was produced using the same or similar gimbal bay/opening dimensions as one of the leading transmitters ie: JR, Futaba, Spektrum, Airtronics, etc. If not, I guess I'll have to take some measurements and see if one of the manufacturers has (or can make one) that will fit the VBar control.

I could probably make one myself too but it would be a shame putting a piece of plywood on a $900.00 VBar control.
May 28, 2015 08:46AM
Hi,

I have just measured on 4 different radios, including the VBC.

I measure outer diameters of 44.6 to 47.3 mm and a possible deflection of the axis right at the root of the stick of 10-11 mm.
The radius of the inner hole will also be affected by the vertical offset from the stick's axis and the shape and maybe adjusted length of the stick, so it would be a stroke of luck to find one that fits exactly.
Of course you can calibrate the sticks again to allow for a different inner hole diameter if it's smaller than the maximum deflection.

Doesn't need to be plywood grinning smiley you could also make one of delrin or acrylic glass or a glass fiber plate, for example.

I even tapered the inner hole so the stick would run on a smooth surface.

But in the end I found I hardly ever touched it irl, and the electronic cyclic limiter ring (or double truncated cone, to be precise) does it's job both for keeping the feel of the swash plate geometric if you do, and to prevent the mechanics from binding if used for that purpose.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 29, 2015 05:53AM
Ok, thanks for checking all that.

I think I will try it for a while without a cyclic ring and see how it goes then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login