Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neo 700 Xxtreme help request

Posted by eddiscus 
Neo 700 Xxtreme help request
May 18, 2015 03:29AM
I have replaced a V-Bar silverline in my 700 Xxtreme with a Neo Vlink with pro rescue firmware. The 700 flew flawlessly with the silverline. All the bench setup went fine but during the maiden I have experienced the following. With default settings if I give any cyclic input the main rotor would develop a wobble and get progressively worse requiring immediate termination of the flight.
The only way I could get it flyable is with the following changes to these settings.

Overall Main rotor gain set down to 40
Main rotor pro parameters:
Heli size turned up to 100
Integral turned down to 5

Still have an elevator bobble (slight) in fast forward flight.

During the bench setup i did a new model setup using the 700 Xxtreme preset in the V Control which was also updated.

The only possible issue I can see is mid way through the setup I was interrupted. When I returned I chose to edit existing setup. Do you this may be the cause.

I also have the current and Battery ID sensors installed as well.

It seems like the internal and external sensors signals are amplified and too sensitive.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Ed
RV
Re: Neo 700 Xxtreme help request
May 18, 2015 07:39AM
I have flown my 800 yesterday with "all stock" settings - works perfect.
As the setup and heli is not too much different - it should work here too.

Please redo a complete setup from scratch, then a test flight.

If itsn't still working well - we need.

- current VBC setup file
- old setup file from silverline
- measure the 8 deg of the blades if it were 8 deg or not

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 18, 2015 10:42PM
Attached are the vbar files for your review from the 700. One from the vbar silver line and the bad file from the current Neo. I will proceed with a new clean setup and see how that goes.

Thank you

Update
FYI: Yesterday I updated the neo as there seemed to be an update since I last updated just before installation on the 700. I noticed on the bench that the swash seemed to settle down some. It is not as reactive with the stock settings as it was before when checking gyro correction direction. Re did the setup from scratch and all looks good on the bench. Will retest it in the air this weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 02:35PM by eddiscus.
Attachments:
open | download - Logo700goodand bad.zip (1000 bytes)
RV
May 20, 2015 10:59PM
OK - i am curious about the result.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 21, 2015 11:41AM
Hi,
I converted from silverline to NEO on VBARctrl 2 days ago and tested yesterday on my xxtreme700. No problems at all and the heli flies very nice with stock settings. Feels a little more locked compared to the silverline and the rescue is very intuitive. I did a complete new setup and following settings are working very good for me.
SWASH
Style (bank1-3) 80/80/80
Agility (bank1-3)65/90/100
Gain (bank1-3)60/60/60
Pitch pump (bank1-3)0/30/40
TAIL
Expo (bank1-3)30/30/30
Rate (bank1-3)45/50/80
Gain (bank1-3)70/70/70

I hope you have the bird flying nicely soon...

May 23, 2015 09:51PM
I guess the original update to .27 did not go correctly. The .28 update with a redone setup fly's awesome. The Neo is very nice, took a couple of flights to get the trust back but it flies rock solid.

Thank you for the assistance. Seems I ran across the anomolie what ever it was.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login