Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

External governor bailout

Posted by swalko 
External governor bailout
June 03, 2014 08:53AM
Hi

I use external governor with bailout feature. So i enable/disable throttle hold with one 2-position switch and i enable/disable bailout with another 2-position switch. I use for th/bailout same bank as for idle3. How can i configure VBar control to get this behaviour?
Re: External governor bailout
June 03, 2014 11:44AM
Hi,

with VBar Control, the motor switch is _always_ a 3-way-switch: OFF-AUTO (bailout/th)-ON.

By default, there are three banks (on a different 3-way-switch), if you switch to AUTO or OFF the current bank will still be active.
With the Pro Parameters App you can choose a fourth bank only to be used in AUTO/OFF mode.

What is the reason you use the TH and bailout the way you do it (apart from being used to it)? We are always open for input smiling smiley we just did not see a reason to make things more difficult than needed until now ... everything's possible, but in the beginning we want to keep it as simple as possible.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 04, 2014 08:41AM
Hi Eddi,

thank you for answer. I use two separate two-position switches because it seems to me more safe than one three-position switch. You can imagine what will happen if i accidentally switch over auto position to th position. Or if i accidentally switch from auto to th instead to disable auto position smiling smiley . I think that current auto/th principle in VBar control is a less safe but still acceptable for me.
Is in a future plans standalone receiver (no RX-Satellite connected to VBar unit with special firmware) ? I think that RX-Satellite connected to VBar unit with special firmware is a big and expensive solution.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 08:42AM by swalko.
June 04, 2014 09:22AM
Hi,

acceptable sounds good to me smiling smiley let's see what will develop in the future.

Basically, a satellite can be used with a main unit (as a servo extender) for example. This can output either control channels or even the common bus protocols.
So, using VBar Control even without sensor for 'other' applications will be possible. But the programming options are not as comfortable, and the Apps have still to be developed.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 09:22AM by Eddi E. aus G..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login