Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great job! Just a couple of suggestions

Posted by alexvan 
Great job! Just a couple of suggestions
May 29, 2014 09:24PM
Today I received mine. Very impressive.

Some first suggestions for improving it:
- A configurable timeout for exit from the menus (today is too short).
- The possibility of selectively disabling the audio effects from the rotary dial without the need of zeroing the entire volume.

A couple of questions:
- What are some compatible stick-end (I have the impression that they are too long).
- Will arrive a dedicated carrying bag?

Finally: all my compliments for a such great job!

Thanks.

Alessandro
RV
Re: Great job! Just a couple of suggestions
May 29, 2014 09:34PM
Hello Alessandro,

great to hear that!

I can answer on 2 things:

Quote:
- What are some compatible stick-end (I have the impression that they are too long).

All Sticks for a Futaba T8 will match (same thread ...)

Quote:
Will arrive a dedicated carrying bag?

It is on the plan - but i don't know the timetable.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 30, 2014 01:19PM
Some other questions:
- The throttle stick has a nice friction around the zero (I removed the stepped brake and the brake in installed on the inner holes). Can be avoided such effect?
- What are the differences between off motor and auto motor?
- In case the bank 4 is assigned to the auto motor position, how is activated the vbar governor bailout?
- The switches farther from the sticks (I don't remember the number, the ones with 2+1 position with the third position) can be used for controlling the motor?
- Isn't anymore possible to level the swashplate in the top/lower position?

Thanks!

Alessandro
May 30, 2014 02:16PM
Hi Allessandro,

now you mention it, I can feel it on mine, too ... but only very very little. I guess this needs a little running in, then it should be smooth all the way.

Motor off is self explaining smiling smiley auto is our bail out mode, like idle on a nitro. It keeps the motor running at very low rpm so if you have or want to abort an auto, the rpm will be up again in about two seconds ... if you switch off, then on again, the soft spool up could ruin your day winking smiley

Bank 4 is a separate bank that will be adjustable. It is only active in bail out mode. Else, the current bank will remain active when you switch to auto/bail out.

You can assign any switch within the Mandatory Switches menu, of course. Also check the Optional Switches ... we already had a customer who made like 600 screenshots because he had the motor switch and the screenshot app assigned to the same switch smiling smiley
For the switches '2+1' mind that you always need three positions, off-auto-on. The quick-break-switches are better suitable for e.g. screenshots, talking telemetry, buddy boxing winking smiley

Regarding the leveling ... good question ^^ I would guess it is, but I don't find it right now, too ... maybe Rainer or Uli can comment on this?

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 02:17PM by Eddi E. aus G..
May 30, 2014 02:29PM
Thanks Eddie. I was sure that friction around zero were intentional in order to identify when the pitch is at zero. Yes, it's very little.
May 30, 2014 02:31PM
Well, could be. I obviously didn't notice it at all, until now.

Br

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login