Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V6 on pc

Posted by benben 
V6 on pc
May 29, 2014 03:06PM
I just ordered my vbar control.
I was wondering if I can setup the heli with PC or do I have to set it in the Vbar control?
Thanks
Ben
Re: V6 on pc
May 29, 2014 03:37PM
Hi Ben,

V6 is VBar Control only, there is no PC software (and no longer necessary winking smiley).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 30, 2014 10:30AM
How will future firmware updates be performed without the pc software?
RV
May 30, 2014 12:06PM
http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1651

See a small hint at the bottom of this page ;-)

We will use the recovery first to get USB back and then update through the standard V5 procedure.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 30, 2014 01:15PM
Thanks for the hint winking smiley
Does the recovery erase any settings - would it be necessary to redo setup after every update?

Curious why it was decided to disable the usb connection?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 01:16PM by 2bob.
May 30, 2014 01:31PM
The USB Connetion is internally a serial connection through an USB to Serial Chip. This Serial Port is now used for the connection to the sattelite. These are physically limitations.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
May 30, 2014 02:06PM
Hi,

and yes, you would have to redo the setup after each update: the parameter sets are totally different between v5 and v6 although the values shown in the PC software and in VBar Control are interchangeable (by manually entering them ... cumbersome, but can't be helped at the moment).

There is of course a way to ease things: save the current setup both on your VBar Control and from the PC software, and load it into the VBar again after a conversion.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 02:06PM by Eddi E. aus G..
May 30, 2014 02:17PM
Hi Eddi,

i think the question was how it works for future updates like 6.1 .... what happens with the 6.0 settings ?

Stephan
May 30, 2014 02:23PM
Huh,

I guess I mixed up two posts.

No, the recovery does of course not overwrite parameters. So, unless a newer firmware will require a new setup, you can just load the recovery firmware, do the next online update, do a preflight check, and that's that.

Thanks for the heads-up smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login