Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem stuck on low headspeed

Posted by Klinger 
Problem stuck on low headspeed
August 14, 2016 05:21AM
I've just rebuilt my 700 & had to put in a Extreme YGE 160HV speedie to replace a blown konny. The numbers say I should be able to govern at 2200 & my old setup with konny was governed 2150 but now with the YGE I cant get higher than around 1900.

I've done the throttle setting procedure in vbar gov setup but 1900 is it. Even hooked it up to external rx and no difference. I don't know the history of the YGE and it may have been reset but it will still vbar gov at speeds below 1900.

running
YGE 160 HV Extreme edition
14S
Pyro 800-48
17T pinion

can I reset the YGE without losing the Extreme programming?
RV
Re: Problem stuck on low headspeed
August 14, 2016 07:35AM
It depends on the pole count and how many pulses the ESC can do. This motor has 14 poles instead of 10 for the scrpion.

The 160 HV has a limit at 132.000 pulses to detect a motor running in overcurrent (stop/restart) - calculated for a 2-pole motor.

132.000 / 7= 18857 1/min at the motor for a 14 pole motor
1900 * 175 /17 = 19558 1/min at the Motor for 1900 on the main shaft
You're out of that limit.

Limit is at:
18857 * 17 / 175 = 1831 1/min at the main shaft.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 14, 2016 11:00PM
Many thanks Rainer for your reply. I've never seen that problem in 10 years in the hobby so you keep learning something new. Looking at pinions I can go to 19T to give me 2050 on the head but it looks like the only way to get 2150 is changing motor or speedie...
RV
August 15, 2016 08:14AM
Quote:
I've never seen that problem in 10 years in the hobby

Me too - unless Kontronik came out with a 14 Pole motor ;-)

Well - but at a larger pinion the ESC runs more in the lower load which may heat it up more. So - it is a compromise with the 14 Pole motor in this heli and 14 cells.

Doing it right - consider about this things:

- Running 12 cells and 19T Pinion (sports flying , no hard 3d) will be possible at 2000 1/min with best values for ESC
- Running a 10 Pole Motor ....
- Running a ESC w/o this limit (probably ask YGE to remove it if possible)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2016 08:15AM by RV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login