Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 800 Xxtreme -Flexed Push Rod

Posted by BamBam7 
Logo 800 Xxtreme -Flexed Push Rod
June 16, 2016 06:59AM
Assistance as well as support is need, any given will be much appreciated!

I have installed a carbon fiber custom tail boom cover on my Logo 800 Xxtreme. While inspecting the alignment of everything related to the install, I noticed that the tail rotor push rod is slightly flexed at the push rod guide bracket. I have disassembled and reassembled, loosened and adjusted everything two times in an attempt to correct this issue.

Note: Prior to the custom boom cover install the Logo 800’s tail rotor push rod was straight and any flex was absent as it sat idle and even within its mechanical movement.

After spending a good portion of last night, disassembling and making adjustments to include the angle of the guide bracket and reassembling. The rod still exhibits flex but reduced. However, during mechanical movement more flex is incurred. I also noticed the rear ball link rest really close to the suffice floor of the custom boom. During full right and left rotor input movement it slightly rubs.

I have searched different forms dealing with the 800 Xxtreme, as well as forms consistent with other models that have a custom carbon fiber boom option. To include those that comes with a carbon fiber boom as part of their engineered design. The only thing I have come across in my quest to resolve this issue is the SAB Goblin 570. In which the push rod in this model is flexed by design to alleviate vibration in this area. However, I do not think this is applicable with the 800 Xxtreme. This thought was validated by a Mikado USA tech with whom I have spoken. He has indicated that any flex should be absent of the tail rotor push rod. He has also requested pictures to be sent, in which I am in the process of doing.

I have taken the liberty to post those same pictures here so that others may view. To hopefully give a better insight of what I have attempted to explain. I am reaching out to those that may be able to assist me in resolving this issue. Again, any assistance and support is greatly appreciated.

Note: The pictures show the severity of the flex and the reduced flex. There are two zoomed shots of those same photos. There is also a picture showing the closeness of the ball link.

Re: Logo 800 Xxtreme -Flexed Push Rod
June 16, 2016 08:44AM
Hi,

nothing to worry about, the slight bend is perfectly normal, has been there for the lifetime of the 800 XX.
Technically it would not matter anyway, the push rod can't go anywhere.
And at best indeed it helps with a little support at the guide in the pushrod so it does oscillate less if there's increased vibration.

If the custom boom cover touches moving parts, it simply does not fit perfectly. So sand or dremel off enough to make it fit.
That could matter technically, the carbon could else damage the bell crank.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login