Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Logo 700 - carbon lower frame used by Kyle Dahl

Posted by Flipper 76 
New Logo 700 - carbon lower frame used by Kyle Dahl
March 14, 2016 03:43PM
Hallo Zusammen,

great job on the new logo 700, can't wait to get one!

As everyone noticed, Kyle Dahl was flying a version with carbon lower frames, is that going to be available as an upgrade?

Thanks and keep up the great work Mikado!

Cheers,

Flipper
Re: New Logo 700 - carbon lower frame used by Kyle Dahl
March 15, 2016 09:19AM
Hi Flipper,

right now these lower frames are just makeshift frames since the production version of the molded lower frames are not available yet, in quantities.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 17, 2016 10:04PM
>
> great job on the new logo 700, can't wait to get
> one!

>
> Thanks and keep up the great work Mikado!
>

+1

Would be nice if Mikado could share "already" some info about the recommended power setups. Wil this be the same ( YGE+ SCORP ) as the 700XX or have the factory pilots tested and evaluated other setups like (PYRO+JIVE) ?
March 18, 2016 08:28AM
Hi,

the power setups will be practically the same, a motor close to the Scorpion's KV and an ESC of your choice.

I will ask the team pilots if they have tested different things, and with which results.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 20, 2016 08:38PM
I was thinking of the PYRO 750-56XL competition, or will this be overkill ? I also believe it isn't a good match with the standard YGE ? So I'm thinking of 3 possibilities :

1/ Standard 4525 + YGE160 + R2_HVBEC (VBAR GOVERNOR )
2/ Pyro 750-56XL comp + Kosmik160 + ultraguard on the kosmik BEC (KOSMIK GOVERNOR)
3/ Pyro 750-56XL comp + Sorpion 160 opto+ R2_HVBEC (VBAR GOVERNOR)

Regards,
Kurt
March 21, 2016 09:19AM
Hi Kurt,

should all work, but I am not yet sure if you would be better off with the -50 or the -56 since we can not tell the range of gear ratios available yet.

Power wise I doubt that there is much of a difference between all three options, with the Pyro you just save like 40 g of weight while you add like 70 g of weight with a Kosmik or 100 g (if the specs on the 'net are right) for a Scorpion.

I would still wait, since all the items are usually available without much waiting time, no need to rush.

Kind regards

Edi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 21, 2016 09:24PM
I'll wait "patiently", having the time to compare and evaluate components is part of the fun isn't it ? The pyro's excell in craftmanship and run very efficiƫnt, on the other hand we learned from the xxtreme that the standard setup with VBAr governor is hard to beat. As you say , no need to rush...

Thanks...
/Kurt
March 24, 2016 08:57AM
Does the motor have to have 8mm shaft or will you release pinions with 6mm ID.

What tooth count pinions are you going to release? Currently the 700XX has only 17T, 18T and 19T.
March 24, 2016 09:10AM
Hi,

too soon to tell matter of factly. I am pretty sure it will be 8 mm shaft, but mind that the new 700 has a different main gear (smaller diameter, less teeth) and that pinions will be required that give a matching gear ratio with that. We will offer a suitable range of pinions.
Also angles of the herring bone gearing will be different for a noticeable reduction of gear noise, so other/older pinions will not work, means: don't plan with those winking smiley

You could always use sleeves to make a 6 mm shaft fit 8 mm, though.

The only thing we can pretty much tell for sure is, if you chose a power system that would fit the 700 XX, it will also work on the 700 since we plan to offer the known Scorpion Motor with it, as our recommendation. Please take _pretty much_ and _plan_ for what it is, not for a guarantee winking smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 24, 2016 10:08AM
Thanks for the info
March 27, 2016 11:40PM
The question has been put up for the "old" XXtreme if a helijive or jive 120HV pro would be enough and if I understood correctly its was on the margin and not on the safe side, also very depending of the collective management of the pilot... but with the new 700 being 350 grams lighter maybe cards are changing here... What about a jive 120HV pro + pyro 750 for the new one ? Does it makes sense ?
March 29, 2016 08:17AM
Hi,

in my opinion, a 120 is still at the limit quickly, and I would dare to say that for 700s in general. If you move the heli not too aggressively, I think you can do about everything including big air aerobatics and 3D, but you would have to be careful about temperatures, especially at high ambient temps.

So the answer can only be: depends winking smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 04, 2016 07:47PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> in my opinion, a 120 is still at the limit
> quickly, and I would dare to say that for 700s in
> general. If you move the heli not too
> aggressively, I think you can do about everything
> including big air aerobatics and 3D, but you would
> have to be careful about temperatures, especially
> at high ambient temps.
>
> So the answer can only be: depends winking smiley
>
> Cheers
>
> Eddi

Agreed 100% ! The nice thing today is we can log almost everything. So I think I might give it a try and see where we get in relation to temp and current...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login