Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Batt RFID placement for Logo 700 batteries - also used with 550SX

Posted by Flipper 76 
Batt RFID placement for Logo 700 batteries - also used with 550SX
September 03, 2015 05:39AM
Hello Everyone,

I built my Logo 700 and positioned the Batt ID according to this link, on Eddi's 800:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1968

Since I'm also using the same batteries on my Logo 550SX (also with Batt ID), I want to follow the instructions you have given on how to do that, basically using one RFID for each 6S Batt and another RFID for each 12S pair. I could not find that link, if you could post it again for everyone it would be helpful...

My question is: I noticed upon further inspection of the photos that Eddi attached on the link above that one RFID was installed to the edge of the 2 batteries, right over the battery plate, and then secured it with clear tape, so it would not fall I guess? I tried attaching the RFID to one of the batteries but then the Batt ID would not recognize it... it's too much to the side I guess... So how do you do if you need to dettach the battery pair to use on your 6S heli? Do you remove that clear tape and the RFID for the 12S pair? So that means that for every battery pair you load you need to do that process again? I have 6 pairs, and would like to know how are you guys doing to have this in an efficient and more stremlined way while using both 6s and 12S configurations on the different helis...

I'm really looking forward to your feedback, I'm super excited about VBC, NEO, UI Sensor and Batt ID, and want to learn how to use them in both helis as Mikado intended to!

Thanks very much for your help and sorry about such a long message!

Cheers,

Flipper
Re: Batt RFID placement for Logo 700 batteries - also used with 550SX
September 03, 2015 05:44AM
this is the other link I referred to on the message above:

http://www.vstabi.info/de/node/1740

Cheers,

Flipper
RV
September 03, 2015 10:33AM
In the past i flew 2 packs of 6s. As single pack - Number 1A and 1B with Tag on the upper side in the Logo - and named with Set 1 and Tag on the lower side (on one of both) in the bO 105.

The Bo had the reader under the battery plate, the logo above ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 03, 2015 12:49PM
Thanks RV,

but how did you fix the RFID to the 12S packs? in the middle of the 2 batteries like Eddie did? and you have to install and remove the clear tape to hold the RFID in place on every flight?

I appreciate your input here...
September 03, 2015 02:01PM
Hi,

I just put two stickers on one of the half-packs, on a different surface, and only a single sticker on the other half pack.

So I can set up the half packs individually, and the full pack, too. The battery ID sensor just needs to see the proper sticker to identify the pack as what it is.

E.g. if you would install the half pack with the 6s ID sticker facing the sensor, VBar Control would recognize it as 6s.
If you accidentally install the pack with the 12s ID sticker facing the sensor, VBar Control would recognize it as 12s (which it is not) and it would iirc even issue a warning that the pack is not fully charged. The other way around, don't know, didn't try.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 03, 2015 04:24PM
Thanks Eddi,

but my question is that on the pictures your sticker on the 12S packs is not in one single battery, it is in between the 2 batteries, so what happens to that sticker when you dissassemble the 12S pair? You have to remove it and then put it back on when you use it as a 12S pack again? I saw that you secured the sticker with clear tape on the pictures...

Cheers,

Flipper
September 03, 2015 04:31PM
Hi Flipper,

ah, now I see what you mean. These are pics from Rainer, and from his 800 where he does not separate the packs to be used as 7s.

So for 12s, I would use one pack as a marker pack with both ID tags and the other one only has one. Mark the packs accordingly so you know which pair goes together, to keep the wear of the half packs equal, and that's that. No rocket science smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 03, 2015 05:17PM
Thanks Eddi!

so the Batt ID should recognize the RFFID sticker to the side of it and not on top of it? Because I tried putting it on one of the batteries but because the Batt ID is inthe middle of both batteries and the RFID sticker is to the side stuck in one battery, it would not be close enough to be recognized by the Batt ID... could I be doing something wrong here?

Only when I put the sticker in between the 2 batteries, directly on top of where the Batt ID is installed in the heli, it would recognize it...

your help is much appreciated here!

Cheers,

Flipper
September 04, 2015 08:28AM
Hi Flipper,

well, you only need to find positions where the intended sticker is recognized in each heli, that's the trick.
The range of our RFID is up to approx. 3 cm or 1 1/5 in (you can test with the sensor and a sticker, to see the distance where it picks up the sticker).
But it depends on the mounting position, the sensor being placed close to carbon or metal significantly reduces the range.

Once you find a suitable position, you can fix the stickers and the sensor for good.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login