Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Logo 550 Canopy

Posted by gmccluskey 
Problem with Logo 550 Canopy
December 31, 2019 10:23PM
I am in the final stages of assembling a Mikado Logo 550. I purchased the combo with the Scorpion motor (2017). I have been flying RC helicopters for over 30 years but this is my first Logo.

I decided to fit the canopy to see what it looks like an am having trouble. The canopy can be installed so that the upper rubber grommets align with the upper standoffs but the lower part of the canopy is too far in front of the landing gear to wrap around it (see photos) and can easily rotate up and down. The front canopy standoffs prevent the canopy from being pushed back further than this location. Also, the swashplate opening in the top of the canopy looks off centre. (see attached photos).

If I remove the front standoffs, I can push the canopy far enough back for the lower part to wrap around the front landing gear strut; however, the upper grommets are now about 1” behind the upper standoffs and the swashplate opening is way off centre.

I am starting to think that this canopy is either defective or the wrong one for my model despite having the correct name (Logo 550) on the side of it. Help! I am within a day of finishing this model and need to get this resolved soon.

Any ideas or suggestions?

George

Re: Problem with Logo 550 Canopy
January 01, 2020 12:07AM
Move front landing gear strut to forward position. That should help, Like 600.

Michael
Re: Problem with Logo 550 Canopy
January 01, 2020 02:39AM
Can't believe I missed this in the manual but I went back and it was clear. I just missed this. This fixed my issue. Thanks so much for your help and Happy New Year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login