Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 550 SX Roll and Yaw to Right During TicTocs

Posted by bobc1@live.com 
Logo 550 SX Roll and Yaw to Right During TicTocs
December 29, 2019 05:52AM
VTouch/Neo VLink on Logo 550 SX. I am unable to remove a very slight tendency to slowly yaw and roll to the right during continuous upright tic tocs. I have three nitros, a Glogo, a 556, and a 606, all running the same electronics and none have this problem.

I really attempted to remove this tendency from the 550 SX today through tuning, i.e., gain, ele precomp, cyclic precomp, style, auto optimizer, auto trim, etc. I did NOT mess with PID's. It does this at 1800, 2000, and 2200 headspeeds, all about the same. It is very slight but after several tail down, upright, tic tocs, the heli will require slight left rudder and left aileron to restore a perfect tail down, original rotor plane orientation.

All other flight characteristics are fantastic. Super locked in and responsive. I flew 12 batteries today trying everything. I could make other flight characteristics worse but the slight yaw/roll during tic tocs stayed about the same. I ended up with the same settings that I started with.

It's minor but my other VTouch/Neo helis don't do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The Neo is mounted in the rear, all the way to the right side of the platform. This is the only thing different from the nitro helis which have the Neo's mounted in the center of the front platforms.

Thanks for any ideas,
Bob
Re: Logo 550 SX Roll and Yaw to Right During TicTocs
January 01, 2020 05:23AM
Last night I rechecked all my setup, i.e., 90 degree servo arms at center, swash level, etc. etc. Everything was perfect.

Today a long time flying friend flew the 550 after I had told him about my slight yawing/rolling to right after numerous consecutive upright tic tocs.

He really liked the precision and performance of the 550/VControl setup and....what do you know...his tic tocs remained completely stationary with regard to yaw and roll.

Yep, apparently I was just breathing on rudder/aileron during repetitive tic tocs, creating the issue.

I don't know why I have not had the problem with my other helis...I must have developed a new bad habit.

Embarrassing to report but I am happy it solved the mystery.
Re: Logo 550 SX Roll and Yaw to Right During TicTocs
January 09, 2020 11:02AM
Hi Bob,

computer error behind keyboard, figuratively speaking smiling smiley

If everything else fails, you can always try to increase Expo and/or reduce tail rate, to see if e.g. slightest stick inputs cause this, or, of course, have someone look over your shoulder, or test-fly the model.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login