Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 600sx OWB ;(

Posted by lukasdk 
Logo 600sx OWB ;(
December 23, 2019 03:25PM
Hello after 60 fly owb bering its damage a change this owb 2 weeks ago yesterdag its damage again. I thinking i need change to dooble owb . This owb its to small to 600 size
https://click.email.vimeo.com/?qs=18b48c1104f46d8102ee8f55c6894b585b3e21d70f9f5dd98d561f5f44d0b76c093827f8d2d6460d8acc557bdc5a055bd67a7fc93ede08e26dfde06349b104a3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 03:27PM by lukasdk.
Re: Logo 600sx OWB ;(
January 09, 2020 10:58AM
Hello Lukas,

we did write about it. Questions would be, was the main shaft still OK, if not, was it also replaced? If a new OWB runs in the worn out tracks of the old one, it can fail early.

Then, what motor, gear ratio, head speed, style of flying do we have? With the recommended drive systems and gear ratios, and the recommended head speed, the standard OWB is good for the 600 size LOGO.

But for example, a higher powered drive system, extremely high rpm, hard flying, the infamous overspeed maneuvers with hard stopps can reduce the life time of the OWB dramatically.

Then, it would be a good idea to switch to the double OWB used in the new LOGO 600 or in the 690 SX, but it also requires the corresponding counter bearing and main rotor shaft support, because the double OWB sits inside the support plate, not only the main shaft.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 09, 2020 11:20AM
Main shaft its after 120 its my ny model i make trening to competition. then owb is too weak unless you write that this is not a 3d model. I have landed twice in emergency after about 60 flights, always breaks.
thanks to my experience nothing happened.
I would like you to send me parts for change to double.
or 1 ton of singel bearings. I have no time to repair these bearings. I train for the European championships, I fly everyday

in my cloud you have all my flights and flight reports i fly 4025 motor 2140 rpm
Motor from my sponsor egodrift 550kv
January 09, 2020 11:30AM
Hi again,

so 4025-550 ... on 10s or 12s? Which pinion are you using?

Kind Regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 09, 2020 11:50AM
12s pionio11
January 09, 2020 11:58AM
2140 rpm i fly Eddie
January 09, 2020 12:07PM
Hi again,

and there we have it, probably.

Our recommended 12s setup is a 450 kV motor with the 11 T pinion, to get into a reasonable torque and RPM range. 12 T would be optional, and probably still work safely.
560 kV we offer for 10s setups, also with the 11 T pinion, so your 550 kV motor on 12s is simply too much.

Basically, you are running the model at 125 % of it's specs, even if it's only a 4025 motor with slightly lower kW and not a 4035 like in our tried and tested setups. But an electric motor will draw currents and create torque almost indefinitely, so even the 4025 can overload the system which is running safely, at it's recommended kV / gear ratio, with a 4035 motor.

Run a 450 kV motor, and all will be well, or use the double OWB, but we can still not guarantee for it, at least not for longevity.

To say a LOGO 600 is not a 3D model has been proven wrong for almost/over 10 years now ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 12:09PM by Eddi E. aus G..
January 09, 2020 12:51PM
why are you making an idiot of me it's a shame that a company like yours does the business in this way. this mode at 1900 rpm will be flying for beginners
you know that it's not me who first has a problem with owb

kv engine is does not matter depends on how much rpm is set I just like low engine speed and I fly on 75 %gov engine bonon so likes. Please . don't make me idiot eddi.

so you leave me with a mode that I can't trust and the 450 kv engine will solve the problem because I will fly 2140 anyway . 2140 its not Fight rpm
Please stop Eddi
January 09, 2020 02:10PM
Hi again,

let the numbers speak for themselves (attachment).

The recommended max. head speed is 2,100 (with a margin, terminal velocity for some components could be as high as 4,800 1/min with 550 size blades ... don't try this at home).

If you put load on the system in 3D, the governor (ESC or VBar) will aggressively ramp up the power (and torque).
If you have very much head room and a strong enough motor, and high C rate batteries which can deliver high amps, the torque may exceed what components like main gear or OWB can sustain. Any powerful electric system will draw amps and output even higher power up to short circuit currents if loaded, and if the power supply can deliver.
And higher voltage means higher currents can be drawn, it's a myth that the currents decrease with voltage, this is only the case in the very simple equation where the output power P is constant, if you increase the voltage U, you need less current I to maintain P. Problem is, with higher voltage you can and will increase maximum P if you put load on the system. It does not know it's meant to be limited. This in turn will also increase the drawn current I no matter what, if you put load on the system. If the power or torque becomes too high, something will give way.

If you put load on the system aggressively, it becomes even worse.
If you do overspeeds with aggressive stops, same.
Nothing is indestructible.

If you use a motor with a sensible kV rating, you have a limiting factor, which is also a protecting factor to some degree. It's just as simple as that.

Even I, and I am not a very accomplished pilot, was able to strip the older (narrower) herring bone main gear with a hard cyclic and collective input on command, with 12s and 560 kV, 11 T pinion, at 12° collective, back in the day.

The thicker main gear can sustain more torque, now indeed the weakest point can be the OWB, so it's wear increases, and it's lifetime (number of flights it might sustain) decreases. And as being said, if the failure causes chatter marks on the main shaft, a replacement OWB will possibly fail even sooner.

This could be the reason why the flagship LOGO 600 comes with the double OWB, and it also has a higher recommended max. head speed.

We do not give our recommendations without a reason.

There are other such issues, granted. It just means, you are not alone.
My OWBs on the 600 and 600 SX have lastet 450-600 flights mtbc (mean time between crashes).
Even our team pilots who won competitions with the 600 did rarely if ever crash/lose/yellow card because of the OWB failing, and they did not nurse their equipment to the finals, either. But they were using our recommended equipment, maybe one or two teeth more on the pinion, but that's that.

This does not mean I'm trying to make you look like an idiot, and thanks for that, by the way.

I'll stop now, no worries.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

January 09, 2020 02:38PM
;(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 03:41PM by lukasdk.
January 29, 2020 11:27AM
with all of this said, I FLY 1850-2000 with 500kv motor on 12s and im starting to get the signs of failing OWB, what parts are needed to upgrade the original sx to the newer double OWB?
January 29, 2020 12:06PM
Hello,

it's what you would have on the 600/690, basically

One way hub LOGO 600/690 SX Item no.: 04876
Motor counterbearing / main shaft support, 600/690SX Item no.: 04881

Then, make sure the main gear has like 5/10 of axial play again (add/remove shims) and—if you make changes there—is still properly aligned to the pinion.

And please mind to check the main rotor shaft, if there were chatter marks or other traces of wear, where the OWB sits, I'd replace that, too, again.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login