Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini VBar (serial starts w/ 150) and Logo 480 - rotor diameter over 1m

Posted by Flipper 76 
Mini VBar (serial starts w/ 150) and Logo 480 - rotor diameter over 1m
December 13, 2019 01:22AM
Hallo Zusammen,

I'm considering a Logo 480 super combo that would (oddly) come with a Mini Vbar pre-Blueline (serial starts with 150 and not 151).

I've read the information on hardware history you have here: https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/124

There I saw this generation of Mini VBar has a 1m rotor diameter limitation - does this mean it's not recommended to be used with the Logo 480 Exxtreme ( Rotor diameter 1090 mm)? Or should one be ok/safe since it's not much?

Also regarding generation capabilities, would I be limited in terms of upgrading this to Pro and/or sensor speed and technology? I know the Blueline has updated sensors, so my question is: not considering rescue, do I miss anything by using this flybarless instead of a more modern version such as a Neo on the Logo 480?

Thanks very much for your help and guidance here!

Gruss,

Felipe
Re: Mini VBar (serial starts w/ 150) and Logo 480 - rotor diameter over 1m
December 13, 2019 08:52AM
Hi Felipe,

the limitation was mainly to communicate that the Mini VBar because of it's all-in-one design and limited number of connectors was not meant for large helicopters or even nitros. It can very well be used on the 480, no worries—if it's still OK, which you can only see if you test it.

I mean, it's like 10 years old, and you can never know it's history, which could be from sitting in a box all the time to hard use.

Even this generation can be updated to the latest 5.3.4 or even 6.0.7 for use with VBar Control.
The sensors are of that time, obviously, and can not be updated (it's hardware ...), they are good, but the sensors of the NEO are of course latest generation, have more resolution, can cover a wider range of rates.

So basically, it is what it is, if it's still good it's good, but the latest generation hardware is of course superior, including the option for Rescue.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login