Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 600 SX tail control rod rubbing against frame

Posted by stevin 
Logo 600 SX tail control rod rubbing against frame
December 07, 2019 11:03AM
as the title says this is my newly built logo 600 sx , this is the first version of the sx. The tail control rod rubs against the frame above it when the tail reaches its limit nose right. I havent noticed any issues it flight but I have always understood that tail linkages should be buttery smooth and any hicup is not a good thing. Has anyone else had this and is there a mod to prevent it?
Re: Logo 600 SX tail control rod rubbing against frame
December 09, 2019 09:06AM
Hi Stevin,

what servo, what servo arm and distance to the shaft of the servo are you using?
It's close with the standard carbon servo arm, but it does not rub (did check one here).
And usually it's closest at servo center, with the servo arm rotating, the distance to the frame increases.

But since the lip at the back of the frame has no particular right to exist, you can sand or cut it if need be.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 09, 2019 02:38PM
cant recall the distance off hand and im not home but I am positive that it is the distance the manual states. Also these are servo horns that come with the kst rudder servo. I shaved as much as I can off the horn before it starts to weaken. I see others have shaved the frame as well so I guess this is what ill have to do even though I hate to start filing my new heli frame .
December 09, 2019 03:39PM
Hi again,

I'm curious to see, when you're at it, would you mind sending a photo?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login